Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyne Valley hotel traffic lights

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone affected with the sequencing of traffic lights at the boyne valley. Massive tailbacks all the way into drogheda in the evening as a result...i live accross from black bull and this only started recently. IMO it appears the filter light coming into town the sensors on the ground are not working on it so it stays on for as long as the main light.
    Has any one got the no of the co. responsible for maintaing the traffic lights...i know it was posted here before.? Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Phone the council.
    It has always resulted in a remedy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

darius.messayeh@droghedaboro.ie dealt with my traffic light concern @ Scotch Hall before... send him a mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

kormak wrote: »
    darius.messayeh@droghedaboro.ie dealt with my traffic light concern @ Scotch Hall before... send him a mail!

Cheers - just sent a mail.

Been fairly handy coming home in the evening's with the filter light going on for a while (turning in towards the hotel), but it's a right PITA in the mornings. Staring at the Red light for ages while no traffic is passing is very frustrating.

Hopefully something will be done and the sensors will start working again, getting them off the current set pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

R.O.R wrote: »
    Cheers - just sent a mail.

Been fairly handy coming home in the evening's with the filter light going on for a while (turning in towards the hotel), but it's a right PITA in the mornings. Staring at the Red light for ages while no traffic is passing is very frustrating.

Hopefully something will be done and the sensors will start working again, getting them off the current set pattern.

Call me crazy! but there's just something very devious about how many sets of lights there are in Drogheda, how some of them activate for no reason when they clearly shouldn't, i.e. Scotch Hall, Boyne Valley and why a town is still gridlocked beyond belief with a ginormous (tolled) motorway running round it! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Darius came straight back yesterday to say thanks for letting him know, and he'd look in to it.

Sent another mail at 20.20 last night to say they've been fixed! Fault was with the right turn being on permanant demand.

Think I just missed a green coming out this morning, so couldn't tell whether they were back to normal or not, but the wait for green was a lot less than over the past few days, and there was no filter light from the main road before I got green, so looks like issue is solved.

Top notch service from Darius in Louth coco.

Advertisement