Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford SMax vs Peugeot 5008 MPVs - any owners?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

We're looking at buying an MPV at the moment and are interested in the Ford SMax or Peugeot 5008 - 2010 models.

Just wondered if there are any owners out there and whether you're happy with your purchase? Do you find the car reliable, good to drive, have you had many problems with it / costly repairs / failure to start? Would you buy the same car again?

Very hard to decide and they're quite different makes - also of course the SMax will cost us 4 or 5K more than the Peugeot after trade-in so we're trying to evaluate whether it's worth the premium.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Matthewjohn

I think the s max is worth it. its better to drive and probably more reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Have an S-Max since 2009, and will do till 2019 if its still going. Imported from UK and was less than year old. Painless process and worked out saving me a fortune, and got a much higher spec than I could afford here.

Really like the car, very comfortable to drive and loads of space. Would definitely get another one.

Had a few issues with warnings lights coming on for engine issues but wasn't anything major.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JessieM

Any Peugeot 5008 owners out there?

I'm trying to figure out what we'll get for the extra 4 or 5K. We had a look at an SMax and it looked solid but didn't wow us visually. Drive was good, visibility ok. Going to test drive a Peugeot tomorrow but we've hired a different model in the past and liked it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Got the wife this, Titan x sport 2.2 200bhp. Had it a year now and no bother or regret. We looked at everything at the time I.e 5008, zafira etc and the s-max was the best all round package.

2012-11-01225210.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now thats a family car!!

Sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement