Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa Help

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone

I over stayed my visa in Australia by one month I got an email by immigration and I went in and show them I was indeed leaving Australia and that my flight was soon. So they give me a temporary visa till my flight.When I was in the airport leaving I was going through custom and they told me Immigration wanted to talk to me they said I was banned for 3 years. I just want to know will that effect me from getting into New Zealand please helpppppp

thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

You were very lucky that you didnt have to pay for deportation.
    It's not clear on NZ immigration site.
    But it does state on their whv form

"If you have been charged, convicted or are under investigation for any offence against the law in any country, you should provide the following information in the space provided on the “Character” page of the online application:
    When were you charged?
    Where were you charged?
    The circumstances surrounding the offence for which you were charged/being investigated.
    Were you convicted and if so, what was the penalty imposed by the court?"
    So if you fill out the form stating what happened, they can choose to issue the visa or not. Better to find out before booking a flight and being stopped at immigration in Auckland etc
    Otherwise try
    NZ consulate in Dublin 016604233
    Or NZ house in London is 442079308422 and they may give you a clearer answer.

Saying all that, my brother in NZ knows 2 guys that didn't have issue getting in on whv after getting their barring orders from Australia

Advertisement