Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help me finish this joke

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I'm finalising a best man speech for tomorrow and have the majority of the content written but wanted to see if I could get some input on the following:

The background to the joke is as follows: The groom started was training to be an accountant in an earlier life and I'm going to make a jibe about his academic achievements in school i.e. "x was always very modest about his achievements but then again he always had a lot to be modest about. His modest achievements didn't deter him from starting a career as an accountant which is a be like x wanting to be an x."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

censuspro wrote: »
    I'm finalising a best man speech for tomorrow and have the majority of the content written but wanted to see if I could get some input on the following:

The background to the joke is as follows: The groom started was training to be an accountant in an earlier life and I'm going to make a jibe about his academic achievements in school i.e. "x was always very modest about his achievements but then again he always had a lot to be modest about. His modest achievements didn't deter him from starting a career as an accountant which is a be like x wanting to be an x."

Can you be humorous without put downs !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

...a bit like me wanting to be a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

...a bit like a fart wanting to be a perfume.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

..a school teacher being Taoiseach?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Maybe more suitable for a Stag Do but you know him better than I do:
    • His colleagues would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity;
    • X works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap;
    • He was out of his depth in a puddle in the car park;
    • He never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity;
    • He has delusions of adequacy;
    • He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them;
    • Since his move to Y, X has deprived Z of a village idiot;
    • X will go far, and the sooner he starts, the better;
    • X has a full 6-pack, but he lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together:
    • X doesn't have ulcers, but he's definitely a carrier;
    • He has been working with glue too much;
    • He would argue with a signpost;
    • He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the room;
    • If you see two people talking and one looks bored, X is the other one;
    • X has a photographic memory but the lens cover is glued on;
    • He is a prime candidate for natural deselection;
    • He donated his brain to science before he was finished with it;
    • X has two brains: one is lost and the other is out looking for it;
    • If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week;
    • Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, but X only gargled;
    • The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Stephen Hawking wanting to be a gymnast

Advertisement