Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Modding

• 26-04-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain how to mod actual games I've seen videos on youtube of GTA and red dead redemption.

I've googled but can't find any tutorial on how to do it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved From Console Modding. Game Development Charter now applies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

It would vary wildly from game to game. An easy starting point would be Skyrim, as the elder scrolls games for PC have official modding tools with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

TPD wrote: »
    It would vary wildly from game to game. An easy starting point would be Skyrim, as the elder scrolls games for PC have official modding tools with them.

Very much the above. For each game you want to mod, depending on what you want to do, you need to learn how the game actually works to a degree so you can modify that. As above, elder scrolls games have tools to supplement this. I'm currently working on a mod for FF7 and I found an open source tool to help but even still it's tricky to figure out how to do it.

Have you got a game in mind?

Advertisement