Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to remember (holiday village/estate in Killarney)

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

About 10 years years ago I spent a weekend with a bunch of people in Killarney. I didn't book the w/e and I was just 'along for the ride' so I really didn't pay much attention to where precisely we stayed. Recently however I've been pondering where exactly it was. Unfortunately, I'm not really in touch with the people I went with anymore, so I can't ask them. I can only go on memory.

All I remember is that it was a sort of housing estate where every house was rented out to people on holidays. I don't think anyone actually lived there on a permanent basis. The estate was in the shape of a "U" but not narrow like a typical cul-de-sac.

From googling I found 'Innisfallen Holiday Village, Killarney, Co Kerry, Ireland' (52.070653,-9.531168) and it certainly has the sort of look of the place I was at. However I've ruled that place out because the houses there have no grass in their front driveways and for whatever reason I remember us sitting outside the front on the grass listening to music. But that place gives a fairly good idea of what I'm talking about.

Also I seem to remember this estate/village having some sort of green in the centre, (but I'm not sure about that). It definitely had some wide aspect to it anyway (ie the houses opposite to each other were not near to each other. I remember playing kickabouts in the central area between the houses and I was kicking a ball probably 20-25 yards at a time (so it was wide).

I reckon this estate might have been a mile or two outside the town centre as I recall we had to get taxi's to get into the town centre.

Sorry this description is vague but it's all I have. I've had a look through the popular 'holiday villages' in Killarney and can't really find one that matches. Might it be a place that was once for tourists but was subsequently turned into residental homes?

Anyway, to summarise all that, I guess if I had to sum up this rambling in a single question it would be
    "Do you know any other past/present holiday estates/villages in Killarney like 'Innisfallen Holiday Village' (52.070653,-9.531168)?"
    Any thoughts info etc gratefully received. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement