Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL in Galway today 26th april

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi Eircom, I work in an IT Support company in Galway city, we are having widespread reports of your DSL service being very hit and miss today. Other providers are telling us ye are having DSL sync issues but your dsl support link are as usual giving no useful information. 

Can you verify if this is the case and if you have any idea when it will be back? 

thanks,
    ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

routing issue, probably

ping ok, but web access down?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

.Bob wrote: »
    routing issue, probably

ping ok, but web access down?
    exactly, Pinging fine, but many if not all sited down, happening in at least 15+ sites all across county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerkeo wrote: »
    Hi Eircom, I work in an IT Support company in Galway city, we are having widespread reports of your DSL service being very hit and miss today. Other providers are telling us ye are having DSL sync issues but your dsl support link are as usual giving no useful information. 

Can you verify if this is the case and if you have any idea when it will be back? 

thanks,
    ger

Hi gerkeo

Have you an example of any specific area or is it specifically Galway city?

Regards

Al

Hi gerkeo

Have you an example of any specific area or is it specifically Galway city?

Regards

Al
    Galway city centre, parkmore, merview, inverin, knocknacarra, pretty much county wide.

Called DSL support at 11am, they had no knowledge, rang at 3pm, they said there was an unknown issue.

Galway city centre, parkmore, merview, inverin, knocknacarra, pretty much county wide.
    Hi gerkeo

I've sent this information to managers in broadband support and I'll get back to you as soon as I have information on this.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement

Hi gerkeo

I've sent this information to managers in broadband support and I'll get back to you as soon as I have information on this.

Regards

Al
    Cheers Al

Cheers Al

Hi gerkeo

Managers from broadband support have confirmed that there was a problem earlier however Some changes were made to the access server in the area about a half an hourago.Broadband support are currently calling peopleback to confirm if there is improvement in the service and the general feedback is that so far people are reporting it is returning to normal

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Regards[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

Hi gerkeo

Managers from broadband support have confirmed that there was a problem earlier however Some changes were made to the access server in the area about a half an hourago.Broadband support are currently calling peopleback to confirm if there is improvement in the service and the general feedback is that so far people are reporting it is returning to normal

Regards

Al
    Thanks for the update Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can confirm problems in the Roscommon area too.

Seems to have returned today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I had problems over the weekend too... no sync all day Saturday and Sunday. Prior to that, it had been patchy for a few days.
    I called up support, and they treated it as if it was an isolated problem and escalated to the local engineer. I had a call from the engineer yesterday to say he was investigating. So, if you know that there was a widespread problem, why not (a) tell your first-line support, and (b) let the engineer know, so he won't waste time, and presumably money, looking for a problem that he can't find?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gerryk wrote: »
    I had problems over the weekend too... no sync all day Saturday and Sunday. Prior to that, it had been patchy for a few days.
    I called up support, and they treated it as if it was an isolated problem and escalated to the local engineer. I had a call from the engineer yesterday to say he was investigating. So, if you know that there was a widespread problem, why not (a) tell your first-line support, and (b) let the engineer know, so he won't waste time, and presumably money, looking for a problem that he can't find?
    Hi gerryk,

I will follow up on this tomorrow when I get in and get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi gerryk,

I will follow up on this tomorrow when I get in and get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks Mark... FYI another temporary sync loss yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

gerryk wrote: »

the issue in Galway was a routing issue, people not able to view certain sites, your issue is different, you have intermittent sync, which if troubleshooting over the phone can't fix an engineer would.

Advertisement