Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good vet in Cork (or near Cork)

Options
  • 26-04-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone, I finally managed to bring my cats here in Ireland and I really don't have a clue on where to find a good vet for them :)

Back in Italy I've changed a lot until I found a professional vet, I don't want to make again the mistake of choosing the nearest vet before asking for some advice!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

The Animal Hospital in Douglas are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I take my dog (and the cat before him) to the Abbeyville Vet Hospital in Togher. They're excellent and very reasonable compared to London prices! Tel: 021 431 7019. They also have a branch in Carragaline, I think.

Whereabouts in Cork are you? We might be able to help better with more suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Armaiti

Thanks! I'll write down the addresses then!

I live up to Patrick's Hill, more near Blackpool actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Either the vet at Togher would be good, or there's the vet at the Sunbeam in Blackpool would be near you as well. My sister-in-law uses the vet at Blackpool. 021-439 1600. Website: Sunbeam Veterinary Clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

If it is for cats, I would highly recommend Clare Meade of The Cat Hospital in Glanmire. She is superb with cats and they are very relaxed there as there are no dogs. I changed from my local vet just to go here. Number is 021-4824601.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

+1 for Abbeyville, they have a great setup, they mightn't be the cheapest but they're top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

The village vet- Declan in Douglas is superb.
    Dec the Vet at the Village Veterinary Clinic ...
    www.thevillagevetdouglas.com/
    Vet in Douglas Cork call 021 4890101 for Dec the Vet at the Village Veterinary Clinic in Douglas Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Abbeyville are excellent, really friendly/helpful people in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

maddragon wrote: »
    The village vet- Declan in Douglas is superb.
    Dec the Vet at the Village Veterinary Clinic ...
    www.thevillagevetdouglas.com/
    Vet in Douglas Cork call 021 4890101 for Dec the Vet at the Village Veterinary Clinic in Douglas Cork.

+1 for this guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Armaiti

angeline wrote: »
    If it is for cats, I would highly recommend Clare Meade of The Cat Hospital in Glanmire. She is superb with cats and they are very relaxed there as there are no dogs. I changed from my local vet just to go here. Number is 021-4824601.

I've written to the Animal Care Society and they recommend her too! It's actually very close to where I live too, I really can't complain.

Thanks a lot to everyone :) my cats say purr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Good choice. She is amazingly compassionate and cares so much abouts cats. She has a high level of knowledge on cat's health as she deals exclusively with them. Cats are very happy there!! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I've only ever heard goof things about The Cat Hospital in Glanmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I use Gilabbey Veterinary in Togher and find them fantastic, have been with them for years and never had a problem.

I've heard great things about Sunbeam in Blackpool and Abbeyville in Togher too though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I would also recommend Sunbeam Veterinary Clinic in Blackpool.
    They are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The Cat Hospital is absolutely great ! We bring our cat there and he seems totally chilled and at ease with the staff.

Everything is designed for cats. They only treat cats and its just overall an excellent facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.gooldsvetclinic.com/

Pretty much accross the road from Mahon point. I used to use Gillabbey but found them expensive for repeating prescriptions then changed to the one in Douglas but found parking a pain. Goolds is by far my fave of these three but dont know about any others. Im not sure which but one of the two charged over twice as much as Goold for the arthritis medicine the dog is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Diziet wrote: »
    The Animal Hospital in Douglas are very good.

+1 for The Animal Care Hospital. I've been using them since I moved to Douglas 16 years ago and they've always taken great care of my cats and dogs. All the vets there are very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, and the nurses and reception staff are lovely, all genuine animal lovers too.

http://www.animalcarehospital.ie/

They also do cat boarding which is especially handy if you have a cat that's older or needs special care while you're on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

I take my dog to Value Vets in Blackpool and I find them excellent and so reasonable in comparison to many other vets. They are very friendly and super professional. I was the same as you didnt know where to go as my dog is sooo important to me wanted to ensure to got the best treatment. Any time Iv had to take her Value Vets have not disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I highly recommend Tobys Vet near the Kinsale Roundabout!
    Such a nice and gentle guy.
    He also would recpect your wish in case you dont want to try chemical bombs like antibiotics etc. I liked that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chasingthesun

Sunbeam Vet clinic in blackpool the best for me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 bof

+1 for Tobyvet across the carpark from Smiths Toys @ the Kinsale Road Roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

+1 for Sunbeam Veterinary Hospital.

Advertisement