Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review Swarovski EL Range 10x42

Options
  • 26-04-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Received in the post this morning,got a good handle on them now with the software.Impressive is probably an understatement referring to these bino's.Ergonomically in the hand they are extremely comfortable & optically outstanding.Angle compensator will take getting used to but not a bad complaint.The built in rangefinder is very fast & precise furthest has been 1372 yards so far I am informed they range a lot further.Weight is lighter than the Geovids but is negligible .The glass & colour far exceed the Geovids imo.Altogether an incredible package although very expensive worth the dosh to tell the truth.I had a look at Zeiss BRF Bino's & owned the Geovids.These are the pick of the bunch teamed with the new Z6i a lethal package.

2915fbda-70b2-4fcb-8fc9-2bb654d58bd2_zpsdbc0eacb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Go on, I'm sitting down, how many €?

Would love something similar myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

They are about 2500 euro aren't they ,look a nice size for the power they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

I reckon I got a bargain for €2050 ? my bucket list is getting smaller.
    Got to say they are definitely worth the coin.

Lotharmike wrote: »
    Cheapest i have seen them are 2500 euro 3000$ fixed price in the US , so that was a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

the very best of luck with them,impossible to beat swaro for binos.
    Happy hunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

Have a look at Kay Optical in England. They regularly have near perfect binos for sale at prices under the 2000 mark. I got a perfect pair for 1800 there last month.

If you are really interested give them a ring and discuss. They will ring you back when they find what you want. Tony Kay is the owner

HughF wrote: »
    Have a look at Kay Optical in England. They regularly have near perfect binos for sale at prices under the 2000 mark. I got a perfect pair for 1800 there last month.

If you are really interested give them a ring and discuss. They will ring you back when they find what you want. Tony Kay is the owner
    Do they sell perfect leica rangefinders for 100 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

lb1981 wrote: »
    Do they sell perfect leica rangefinders for 100 euro?

Boom! Classic...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

I don't know but I will look. I prefer the Bushnell ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Had a look through those swaroovskis today and all I can say is that they are absolutely amazing! The nicest glass I have ever looked through.

Well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

Iv all ways been a Zeiss man but when I put my eye up to that z6i you turned me to the dark side and your saying the glass on the binos are better they must be **** hot all you have to do now is stop miss,n ha ha ha

HughF wrote: »
    I don't know but I will look. I prefer the Bushnell ones though.
    Bushnel binos for 1800 euro , shop must have big windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 .220 swift

Can i ask where you got them for that price?
    As i am thinking of purchasing also:)

Egun.de great site.

Had the bino's out for a field run yesterday evening on a section 42 the buddy & I are shooting.The performance of the EL's is absolutely flawless & the claim from Swarovski of 91% light transmission would to both our eyes be very much accurate,in low light you will realize why the Bino's command their price tag,up to & into edge of forestry ,gorse sheltered areas of overhanging trees present no obstacle to the lenses,Optics are as good if not better than some of the Rifle Scopes I use & have used.The imagery is crystal clear in low light/dusk conditions,as is the RF absolute joy to use.If anyone is considering the purchase of a set Leica,Zeiss Victory,Swaro imho save your yo yo's for these & never look again at any other Binoculars.I would highly recommend them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Had the bino's out for a field run yesterday evening on a section 42 the buddy & I are shooting.The performance of the EL's is absolutely flawless & the claim from Swarovski of 91% light transmission would to both our eyes be very much accurate,in low light you will realize why the Bino's command their price tag,up to & into edge of forestry ,gorse sheltered areas of overhanging trees present no obstacle to the lenses,Optics are as good if not better than some of the Rifle Scopes I use & have used.The imagery is crystal clear in low light/dusk conditions,as is the RF absolute joy to use.If anyone is considering the purchase of a set Leica,Zeiss Victory,Swaro imho save your yo yo's for these & never look again at any other Binoculars.I would highly recommend them .

What you are saying is that you dont like them? :D

Serious piece of glass lad :cool: I was blown away by them when I looked through them.

The detail at distance is unbelievable

well wear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

Yes I can second that we where out on the hill and spotted 3 does a good 800 yards away in heavy cover all it took was the smallest amount of movement and you would pick it up very impressive bit of kit

Advertisement