Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this pretty weed

• 26-04-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Not being great at sending pictures across the net - I am going to (try and) describe a plant shrub which I would love to identify. I think it is probably a weed that came from my (seed) bird feeder. The plant is out now (and has appeared for the past few springs). It seems to be a shade loving shrub - grows in a clump about a foot high. Lots of flowers. Each of its flowering shoots then go on to have several bell shaped flowers on them (some purple with white tips, but others red). I don't think I have ever seen a flower with different coloured flowers). Any ideas out there????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Pulmonaria, lung wort has different shades within the flower and comes out around now, does the leaf have "spots" on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Grindley

No, the leaves are a uniform green. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply though - it is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Grindley

I should clarify - it is not that the flower have different shades within them - the flowers are a different colour completely. Some are purple and white. Others on the same stem (possibly immature) are pink/red. G

Advertisement