Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help with choosing a car on provisional licence

Options
  • 26-04-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all first post here, have a question about which would be the best car for me on a provisional licence.
    I am 28 years years old and have had my provisional over 9 years, I drove for a year as a named driver but it was a long time ago. Never really had a need for a car as I lived in the city but have now relocated to the country and have twins on the way. I need to find a car that is big enough for myself my partner and two baby seats and double buggy to fit in but that is also low on insurance. Anyone here know of cars that are big enough but that are not gonna give me a colonoscopy on the insurance? ANY suggestions would be grateful.

Todzer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Todzer wrote: »
    Hello all first post here, have a question about which would be the best car for me on a provisional licence.
    I am 28 years years old and have had my provisional over 9 years, I drove for a year as a named driver but it was a long time ago. Never really had a need for a car as I lived in the city but have now relocated to the country and have twins on the way. I need to find a car that is big enough for myself my partner and two baby seats and double buggy to fit in but that is also low on insurance. Anyone here know of cars that are big enough but that are not gonna give me a colonoscopy on the insurance? ANY suggestions would be grateful.

Todzer

Any idea on budget ? I'd be aiming for around the 1.4 petrol or 1.6 petrol area . Or any of the lower cc Diesel engines in the vw or skoda category .. A 05 or 06 skoda Octavia 1.4 petrol would be my choice if I wanted a decent sized family car with a low cc engine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Todzer

Totally forgot to mention budget, unfortunately won't have a whole lot to spend around 2 grand.

Totally forgot to mention budget, unfortunately won't have a whole lot to spend around 2 grand.

Then I'd go for a 02 or 03 skoda Octavia 1.4 petrol . These are great cars an go forever an u will pick up a decent one for that money . I personally had 2 of these plus a vrs( the 1.8turbo model) .. The 1.4 petrol engine is a great little unit if looked after

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Todzer

Thanks for the suggestion as I am totally clueless when it comes to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

This is probably a daft question but is your licence still valid?

Just when I read this line thought I should ask:

'Have had my provisional over 9 years, I drove for a year as a named driver'

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestion as I am totally clueless when it comes to this.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4937780

People frown at these cars because of the skoda name and the dated looks but they really are a great car . I was introduced to these models of cars 5 years ago an I can't say a bad word against them . That link I sent you there is one I'd defiantly consider

Advertisement