Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master's in Legal Science - Postgraduate Options

Options
  • 26-04-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice from those who are now practicing law, and from those who may have taken a course similar in nature to the one mentioned in the title.

I have an undergraduate degree in arts, and I have finished my master's in Public Policy and Social Science at King's College, London. However, I have come across this and I am keen to find out more information by those who may have completed this course already and those currently working in the law profession.

What are you thoughts on this qualification in terms of employability post-Master's? In terms of law/public policy?

To be honest, I will take any comments/advice about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Do you want to practice in law? If so, you might be better off doing a postgraduate degree in law, NUIG and UL offer conversion degrees for graduates.

That said, it seems a decent course, covering the basics needed in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

The specific course you have highlighted there only started this year. It doesn't have any graduates yet, and won't have any until eighteen months from now, as it's a two year course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Lockstep wrote: »
    Do you want to practice in law? If so, you might be better off doing a postgraduate degree in law, NUIG and UL offer conversion degrees for graduates.

That said, it seems a decent course, covering the basics needed in law.

Yes, it is something I would consider. However, I am keen to learn of the job prospects and market for law at the moment in Ireland. Specifically, how this course would cater for attracting employment. As you said though, I will have a look at the other post-graduate courses in UL and NUIG.

Advertisement