Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAMSAT 2014?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DroghedaTutor

I'm going to have a roaring weekend if this works out. Anyone going to Castlepalousa? :-)

I'm feeling really old now. I don't even know what Castlepalousa is. Well that's another benefit of going back to school. I'll get re educated on what's hip and now :)

Am also lying here wondering if I should just try and sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 I_Shot_JR_1986

You might also learn about "hip" replacements....

Actually seeing as I've a captive audience ... If anyone is looking for UL accommodation, message me.

I've rented a house beside campus. Have one GEM housemate already. Looking for a third.

House available to view from next week.

And end of the ad break ... and back to regular programming aka waiting, drumming our fingers.

You might also learn about "hip" replacements....

Looking at your screen name Jr, I take it your 28 ... god, what was I doing ten years ago at your age? Living in Tokyo, dating Kazuo, about to hop on the trans siberian ... memories ... sing it Barbra ...

so what's your soon to be old day job Jr?

38! I feel sillypuling the ejector cord on my career at 28 . Fair play to you.
    I was a project Engineer in Perth last year. Nice salary and all that but after I settled in, the job was vapid.
    What are you leaving?

I'm sticking on a movie anyway. I can't sleep now. I'm confident pts will drop based on chit-chat here but bad news will be a tough pill to swallow after the last year.

best of luck everybody.

38! I feel sillypuling the ejector cord on my career at 28 . Fair play to you.
    I was a project Engineer in Perth last year. Nice salary and all that but after I settled in, the job was vapid.
    What are you leaving?

I'm sticking on a movie anyway. I can't sleep now. I'm confident pts will drop based on chit-chat here but bad news will be a tough pill to swallow after the last year.

best of luck everybody.

I'm leaving nothing, well nothing that is that interesting now ... 15 years hr/finance including 5 years as a trailing expat spouse to my ex husband who ran off with his ex girlfriend two years ago = my big wake up call to finally put myself first and return to get what i've wanted for 20 years ... my med degree.

And yes, i did say return. I had a place 20 years ago but dropped out due to the sudden death of a parent. I was young without guidance, what can i say. Doesn't matter now. All i want is a second chance.

I'm looking forward to hearing classmates stories (if i get in)

omg ..are we still in limboland? Yip but only two and a half hours left.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lub

This is like Christmas Eve except I'm not sure Santy is going to come ... CAO should really sell popcorn and movies ... anyone else got UL first choice?
    Oh you are so right with that! I kept having those 'Santa lost his sleigh/got lost/forgot MY presents' dreams, except with CAO scenarios. I even had a dream in which all of the hopefuls were waiting outside an office to hear the results, and when it came time I wasn't allowed in because I was holding a dog. A DOG! Come on, brain, pull yourself together!

Not long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 extinctspecies

Goodluck everybody!

Lub wrote: »
    Oh you are so right with that! I kept having those 'Santa lost his sleigh/got lost/forgot MY presents' dreams, except with CAO scenarios. I even had a dream in which all of the hopefuls were waiting outside an office to hear the results, and when it came time I wasn't allowed in because I was holding a dog. A DOG! Come on, brain, pull yourself together!

Not long now!

Ah Lub, thanks for makin' me laf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Robgreen87

BOOOOOM got UL!!! Good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

UCD accepted!!

Woo hoo !!! Got UL. First choice baby! Hey robgreen87 classmate!

got ul with a 54.
    where can i see the other cutoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

Yes! Got UL, think I genuinely might have a heart attack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Blue_Zebra

UCC :):):):):)

• Advertisement

Hi DroghedaTutor hi I_Shot_JR_1986.

Great news for you both..congrats!!! Can't wait to meet you guys come September

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Poppy1314

Got UCC! Thrilled!! :D:D:D

Not Rob Green that works for Intel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 SwiftEagle

Got UCC Myself!! that's half the battle now on to the business of loans :o:o

no.....

• Advertisement

Robgreen87 wrote: »

Why wait until September? I'm meeting up with another of our classmates again in a few weeks in limerick. Message me if you'd like to come along.

G'wan UL class of 2018!!!

Got UL my first choice too! :D Grats everyone!

got ul with a 54.

Who shot JR? No one! Jr is alive and kicking. Hey classmate!

Time to sleep but, if anyone is looking for someone to share a house in limerick with msg me. I'll start my search next week. Common UL 2018!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HopefulGEM

UCD over the moon!!!:)

hey classmate! Congrats. I'll be wandering around orientation talking in code ... are you lub? Ya know, you had that dream with the dog? ( cue nervous smile)!

Time to sleep but, if anyone is looking for someone to share a house in limerick with msg me. I'll start my search next week. Common UL 2018!

I have rented a house already and have one Gem housemate already. Message me if you'd like to view next week. Four bed house curragh birin, three gems. en 50th plus bills per person. Can message you link to full details.

Thats it I_Shot_JR_1986, off to a cracking start with your classmates. Start as you mean to go on

Anyone know where we can find round zero cutoffs??

Yes! Got UL, think I genuinely might have a heart attack!

Congrats classmate!

• Advertisement

I have rented a house already and have one Gem housemate already. Message me if you'd like to view next week. Four bed house curragh birin, three gems. en 50th plus bills per person. Can message you link to full details.

hey classmate! Congrats. I'll be wandering around orientation talking in code ... are you lub? Ya know, you had that dream with the dog? ( cue nervous smile)!

got ul with a 54.

Who shot JR? No one! Jr is alive and kicking. Hey classmate!

Robgreen87 wrote: »

Why wait until September? I'm meeting up with another of our classmates again in a few weeks in limerick. Message me if you'd like to come along.

G'wan UL class of 2018!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

If anyone isn't going back asleep for the foreseeable future would we get a UL GEM Facebook group going?

Haha! I'll have to slink away from you and deny all knowledge of the dog so I can unload the craziness onto you. Muahahahaaa

Confused, there is a page up and running already. I'm not a member, but just search for class of 2018 and you should find it. :)

set up that FB page there then. I cant sleep with this stupid grin on my face.

sounds good. i'm away until the 16th but send me a link/contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gall17

Just accepted UL too, absolutely delighted! Never thought this day would come! I'll be down in limerick next tuesday and would be interested in viewing any rooms that are available with other grads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

UCC ... And here come the waterworks.... Worst nights sleep ever....��������������������������������������

If anyone isn't going back asleep for the foreseeable future would we get a UL GEM Facebook group going?

There's one already. Our American and Canadian classmates got their offers in may and it was set up then. Search for it (university of limerick medicine class of 2018) and ask czara kennedy (or whoever else comes up as admin) for an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sof__

Royal College of Surgeons, absolutely thrilled. Stark contrast to my sentiments this day last year!

Gall17 wrote: »
    Just accepted UL too, absolutely delighted! Never thought this day would come! I'll be down in limerick next tuesday and would be interested in viewing any rooms that are available with other grads!

Will message you details of my house share when the sun comes up and I stop beaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Blue_Zebra

kanurocks wrote: »
    UCC ... And here come the waterworks.... Worst nights sleep ever....��������������������������������������

See ya there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I was crazy nervous checking that today! Got an offer for UL anyway! Boom! Such a relief to know i got in to medicine. Wanted ucc really though but ul will do too. Anyone know what the story is with thdm next round of offers. Will i be able to accept ul and still maybe get a round 2 ucc offer? Its a housing issue, im not mad about making the drive until i can find an affordable decent place to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tk09aag

Congratulations everyone I got UL too! Did anyone got a txt pr an email? Because I didn't but the offer was on the website! Also does anyone know of financing options for a british national? I heard apparently irish banks don't like giving us money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sof__

TGJD wrote: »
    I was crazy nervous checking that today! Got an offer for UL anyway! Boom! Such a relief to know i got in to medicine. Wanted ucc really though but ul will do too. Anyone know what the story is with thdm next round of offers. Will i be able to accept ul and still maybe get a round 2 ucc offer? Its a housing issue, im not mad about making the drive until i can find an affordable decent place to live.

As long as you have UCC above UL in your preference list, yes. You can go up, but you cannot go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andy721986

See you all in UL, couldn't resist hitting accept :-) Anyone know what the zero round cut off was?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

sof__ wrote: »
    As long as you have UCC above UL in your preference list, yes. You can go up, but you cannot go down.

Thanks, you're a legend, so i can officially accept my offer worry free so?

TGJD wrote: »
    Thanks, you're a legend, so i can officially accept my offer worry free so?

Yep, go for it! You wont be offered anything in subsequent rounds if you don't accept your first offer. Congrats :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement