Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get grass logs / sods now?

• 26-04-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Wanted to buy about half a dozen rollout grass logs this weekend. I called Homebase but they said these will not be available till June :eek:

Anyone know where I could get a few of these - especially in North Dublin?

Roy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

onekeano wrote: »
    Wanted to buy about half a dozen rollout grass logs this weekend. I called Homebase but they said these will not be available till June :eek:

Roy

4 euro a sq yard in B&Q,Airside

5 euro a sq meter in Homebase,Santry

Only looked at them earlier this morning.On a pallet outside the front of each store and in the back/gardening section aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Roy

these guys are good.
    And Homebase Navan had about a dozen rolls this morning, new delivery, do maybe other stores will have them to

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

Turf lawns in Maynooth grow them and sell them 6 days a week. www.turflawnsales.com

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

brilliant lads - thanks very much - got them in Homebase in Santry yesterday.

Thanks for the help

Roy

brilliant lads - thanks very much - got them in Homebase in Santry yesterday.

Thanks for the help

Roy

Happy Days.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

paddy147 wrote: »
    4 euro a sq yard in B&Q,Airside

5 euro a sq meter in Homebase,Santry

Only looked at them earlier this morning.On a pallet outside the front of each store and in the back/gardening section aswell.

OP sorry to jump on your thread just a couple of quick questions.

How difficult is it to get roll out lawn to take?

Just in the process of rotivating the garden an putting in some drainage pipe, very wet under foot after heavy rain.

Anything to keep in mind when preparing the soil?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Mr.Fred wrote: »

Just in the process of rotivating the garden an putting in some drainage pipe, very wet under foot after heavy rain.

Thanks.

Would love some advice on this too as I am in the same boat.

Also - not wanting to hi-jack the thread or anything - can anyone advise on a good place to get them in in Cork (city or county)?
    Got some from B & Q a few years ago to re-turf a small area and I was not impressed with them and as this time I am planning on doing the whole garden would prefer to use a supplier people can recommend.

Mr.Fred wrote: »

Thanks.

Good quality top soil and level it out with a leveling rake.
    Take any large stones in the top/surface layer,so that the turf lawn has a flat level surface underneath.

Then roll out/lay the lawn from the centre of your garden outwards.

Nice little video clip explaining how to lay the grass sod/turf.:)

Advertisement