Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going after the shiny charm :)

Options
  • 26-04-2013 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Has anybody completed the national Pokedex and gotten the shiny charm? I have no shinys and really, really, really want to hatch a shiny vullaby but i am not going to attempt the Masuda method until I get the shiny charm :)

What i really want to know is how long it takes and if you developed a system to speed up the process, because i don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to pokemon but I'd like to get it done and have a few shinys hatched before X and Y come out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Masuda is not something to be tackled without a LOT of patience. I used it to get a few shinys and its taken ages each time.

Apart from the usual masuda tips online, i suggest doing it while watching a tv box set. I watched all breaking bad the last time i did a Masuda run and it really passed the time running up and down. I did it on Diamond, but i believe the stats for a shiny are better in white/black.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Do not listen to him!

Breaking Bad deserves ALL your attention!

Tried Masuda-ing on White, think I hatched a shine Bayleef. It was maybe the 20th egg? But I'd hatched hundreds of others from other matches before that.

There's no fixed time - I think the stats in B/w2 are 1 in 2100ish but that means that every time you hatch an egg you have that chance; that by the the 2000th egg its getting statistically more likely you'll get a shiny but that in itself doesn’t mean you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I've done it. Got the Shiny Charm. I caught a Shiny Watchog and Minccino. I then did Masuda method to get a shiny Wailmer. It took 945 eggs hatched over a 6 week period before I got one. Definitely a good box set/netflix/youtube channel is the way to go as it is incredibly tedious otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

I think I'll do this as well, I have a complete pokedex bar 4 unobtainables in White, I can just trade stuff over, it should speed up Masudaing a Charmander :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I spent weeks going for charmander. Still remember the night i actually got him. Was so happy. Then i cloned him a few times, and that was it. I never even leveled him up.

Going to work towards this too once ive finished a few other projects

• Advertisement
Advertisement