Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Kick or not to Kick

Options
  • 26-04-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I can pick one up for appx 30 euro ($40)

Anyone using one and is it a worthwhile upgrade to a mech mod ?

I have zero interest in a "normal" VV or VW device BTW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

been pondering this one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I like the VV of the Evic but 1 inch of electronics seems overkill at times.
    Kicks go into telescopic Mech mods?
    So that would give you VV in a mech mod? I might be way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

VW in a mech mod. Max of 10watts.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

grindle wrote: »
    VW in a mech mod. Max of 10watts.
    10 Watts ain't worth a $hit to me with my dripper (14 watts min).
    Have taken a shine to the Siam cube, but 10 watts puts me off totally from buying a mech mod unless I can run it off a 12 volt car battery ;)

Run a mech mod w/o a kick then. Limitless watts. Added danger and limitless watts.

But that voltage sag... Total balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

My thoughts exactly :-S

I'm vaping currently at some pretty high wattages too currently, however a fixed wattage @ 10watts might be a whole lot better than a un-regulated 4v appx.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you want a regular wattage vape why are you writing off VV devices? it's what they do

if you want a regular wattage vape why are you writing off VV devices? it's what they do

because they are too freaking big !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ego twist 650mah isnt too big
    provari mini isn't ungodly massive

but yeah in general they're too big. if i need a walking stick when I get older I'll just buy a vamo

ego twist 650mah isnt too big
    provari mini isn't ungodly massive

Neither are variable wattage though and 650mah wouldnt get me through 1/4 a day either ;)

Admittedly I'd consider a Provari 100% but $250 is a far cry from $50 and I do like my telescope as its sturdy as hell with nothing to break on a night out.

• Advertisement

I've been using the gus tele for a couple weeks now and getting on grand with it.
    I did find the voltage sag a bit dramatic but I upgraded to the paps brass connectors and now find it a lot less noticeable.
    Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
    The paps brass bits definitely improve it.
    Not convinced the kick would improve the overall vape experience, I like the raw power. I think maybe my brain auto compensates by varying the length of puff as the voltage changes.
    I guess I'll have to try a kick to really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I've been using the gus tele for a couple weeks now and getting on grand with it.
    I did find the voltage sag a bit dramatic but I upgraded to the paps brass connectors and now find it a lot less noticeable.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Gus tele but not the standard connectors on it.

How did you upgrade? I'm lazy and couldn't be arsed googling. In that way please feel free to be lazy and ignore this post also :)

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a fan of the Gus tele but not the standard connectors on it.

How did you upgrade? I'm lazy and couldn't be arsed googling. In that way please feel free to be lazy and ignore this post also :)
    http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-telescopic-centre-post-version-21
    This part just screws in easy, I did have to use a longer 3mm screw.
    http://www.vapourart.com/en/product/gp-paps-button-replacement-kit-version-21
    This part required some sanding and file work as the shaft sizes are bigger.

No way... so you kinda have the benefits of the GP Paps 2.1 with the lightness and telescopicness of the Gus Tele.....?!?!

Jammy B@stard

Well I prefer the look of the gus but it was telescopicness that sold it.
    So it's the best of both worlds for me. Didn't know there was a weight difference.

Well from what I've heard there is... however i'm going on hearsay and jumping to conclusions without ever seeing any figures at all. I like the GP Paps 2.1 but I'd prefer if it was a bit lighter. It's small but my evic in mini mode is lighter.

Could u weigh the paps? I'll weigh the gus.
    Together we can put an end to the controversy :)

Gus22 = 68g

Great idea :)

GP Paps 2.1 = 72.5 grams

Controversy ended. Disappointed there's only 4.5 grams in it. Was hoping the Gus22 telescopic you have would be much lighter and would give me an excuse why I really needed to get one, especially with the way you upgraded it. Ah well... looks like the GP Paps 2.1 will do me for now :)

You could always say you need the tele ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I didnt want to create a new thread,

I have bought a Segelie 19b and a Kick (clone by the look of it)both arrived yesterday.

Now, the instructions say to put the kick on the Battery Positive, but not at the spring end.

On this sigelie the sprint is at the *Top* on the 510 connector end. I would have assumes that the 510 connection end is the Positive end fom using other mods.

Im well confused now, if i put the battery "+" facing the bottom firing button and put the Kick in it wont go all the way don, looks like the plastic collar on the magnet is preventing it touching the magnet itself.

Anyone tried this combo?

• Advertisement

platinums wrote: »

I have bought a Segelie 19b and a Kick (clone by the look of it)both arrived yesterday.

Now, the instructions say to put the kick on the Battery Positive, but not at the spring end.

On this sigelie the sprint is at the *Top* on the 510 connector end. I would have assumes that the 510 connection end is the Positive end fom using other mods.

Im well confused now, if i put the battery "+" facing the bottom firing button and put the Kick in it wont go all the way don, looks like the plastic collar on the magnet is preventing it touching the magnet itself.

Anyone tried this combo?
    (I think) you may have to put them both in upside down; battery and kick.
    This should not affect operation as long as the kick is at the positive end of the battery.

http://youtu.be/gtATrfNQJLU?t=12s

This song will never get old

StickyIcky wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/gtATrfNQJLU?t=12s

This song will never get old

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

grindle wrote: »
    Run a mech mod w/o a kick then. Limitless watts. Added danger and limitless watts.

Hang on, there's danger?:eek: After some of the things I've done recently I reckon it's pretty safe:)

platinums wrote: »

Anyone tried this combo?
    What's the wattage limit on the kick clone do you know?

rickyjb wrote: »
    What's the wattage limit on the kick clone do you know?

10w for the Sigelei, 12w for the Smoktech version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    10 Watts ain't worth a $hit to me with my dripper (14 watts min).
    Have taken a shine to the Siam cube, but 10 watts puts me off totally from buying a mech mod unless I can run it off a 12 volt car battery ;)

14 watts :eek: are you trying to power your house?!

14 watts :eek: are you trying to power your house?!

If you have dual coils that's only 7W per coil so not that much really.you need a lot more power at low resistances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

rickyjb wrote: »
    If you have dual coils that's only 7W per coil so not that much really.you need a lot more power at low resistances.

ahhh I thought you were talking on a single coil :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement