Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhall Green Apartments good/bad?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all

I'm looking at an apartment in Blackhall Green, Stoneybatter next week. Has anyone here ever lived there or knows what it's like? It looks pretty nice and I quite like the area but I stumbled across an article from about 2 years ago where a couple of people claimed to have been broken into more than once when they lived there. Does it have any kind of rep for break ins or is it just as much a lottery as anywhere else? The apartment is on the 1st floor.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its a gated complex, and you are on the first floor.
    There is always going to be a background level of trouble- however, given that you're on the first floor, rather than the ground floor, this gives you an additional element of security. The area is a lot better than it was in bygone times, I think the word is gentrified, there is a better community spirit there now than in the not so distant past- however, a lot of the properties are let, rather than owner-occupied, which means a lot of the people may not know one another (and some have no interest in getting to know one another either).

Personally- I prefer the other developments in the neighbourhood- such as the Old Distillery on Cuckoo lane on the other side of Smithfield- however thats just a personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

i live just up the street in norseman court. don't know much about the blackhall apartments other than walking past them regularly. there seem to be a lot of young foreign people going in and out.

the area itself is great, busy and bustling. they are a few local crazy characters knocking about but no trouble at all where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 howayahorse

Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like it's the northside counterpart of where I currently live in Blackpitts, Dublin 8, I like a place with a bit of character! I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I like the development itself. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I knew of a friend in an apartment there who was robbed within a week of moving in. They did a proper clear out on the place. And they were first floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ggg-gwalsh

I appreciate it's an old post, but did you move in? If so, how do you find the apartments, good build quality and quiet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

I live there now, moving in a few weeks. It's only ok, a neighbor told me that his place was broken into on the 3rd floor, they used a block to knock the door in. The apartments were good, big and spacious, but a bit cold in winter.

The block is quite noisy, there's a central courtyard that apartments overlook; many neighbours there at the time of writing this blare music on weeknights until very late. Feel free to complain - we all pay a lot of rent and have a right to demand peace and quiet at times like that.

Also, I saw someone above wrote that it was a gated complex - not true. The gates are permanently wide open, they're NEVER closed. Anyone can walk in to the complex.

Also, regarding the robbery mentioned above; I saw the post boxes are inside the building doors. The postman has the keycode to get in. Not too excited about that, standard practice as it may be. People aren't that honest all the time, if it was the case, nobody would have any issue with this.

Advertisement