Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel and pubs in Dundalk

Options
  • 26-04-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Title says it all really

Looking for a hotel (with parking) for myself and my friend to stay in next Sat (bank holiday) night and a few good pubs (good live music) to do a wee pub crawl session in the town, never been there before so all suggestions welcome

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hotelwise it is hard to pass the Crown Plaza. Have a look at their website and see if it's the kind of place and price you have in mind. Can't really comment on the pubs as I usually go for places where we can chat in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

+1 for the Crowne Plaza and you won't beat the Spirit Store for live music.
    Think Mundy is there that night. Great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

+1 for the Crowne Plaza and you won't beat the Spirit Store for live music.
    Think Mundy is there that night. Great venue.

He is and Vantastival is on just up the road too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

If you're coming in from the crowne plaza:

Go to BYrnes on Hill street. Lovely beer garden, start off with a few there. Then head on into Courtneys. Nice pub, I like it, its at the start of park street. When you leave there, head left up park street. few doors up, there's brubakers. Its a disco bar, good crack and there'll be popular tunes playing. Few girls about too ;)
    On up park street still, there's the phoenix. Quieter crowd but I like it. Bartender is next door, will get loads of international beers there. If you're lookin for a nightclub, head to Eden and its part of Ridleys. In the other thread I said you might not get in as out of towners but there's a doorway from Eden to Ridleys so should get in.

Now im not saying these are the greatest pubs in Dundalk. But yer on a stag, will probably want a bit of music pumping and busy enough places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

last time i was up that way we went to the the imperial on park st.hotel bar was empty so the barman was chatting away with us most of the evening great crack listening to some of the stuff he seen guests getting up to since he started working there.night porter was a sound fella too.its in the centre of town,there is parking across the road too.id recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

For a drunk sleeping pit check out how cheap the Imperial hotel is .If you're looking for some comfort then check out the Crowne Plaza.
    The Imperial leads out to Park street and loads off good pubs and restaurants.Don't know about parking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

last time i was up that way we went to the the imperial on park st.hotel bar was empty so the barman was chatting away with us most of the evening great crack listening to some of the stuff he seen guests getting up to since he started working there.night porter was a sound fella too.its in the centre of town,there is parking across the road too.id recommend it.
    We had friends stayed there recently and they left after the first night - noisy, tacky and Garda vans in the small hours taking trouble makers away. It depends on what you want but not the safest place for a car overnight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Actually we're two girls :D but thanks for all the info we'll check them out

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

event wrote: »
    If you're coming in from the crowne plaza:

Go to BYrnes on Hill street. Lovely beer garden, start off with a few there. Then head on into Courtneys. Nice pub, I like it, its at the start of park street. When you leave there, head left up park street. few doors up, there's brubakers. Its a disco bar, good crack and there'll be popular tunes playing. Few girls about too ;)
    On up park street still, there's the phoenix. Quieter crowd but I like it. Bartender is next door, will get loads of international beers there. If you're lookin for a nightclub, head to Eden and its part of Ridleys. In the other thread I said you might not get in as out of towners but there's a doorway from Eden to Ridleys so should get in.
    Byrnes on Hill St. is a very clannish pub, might not get in if you're not from Hill St.:D Be prepared to be stared out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

how far out of town is the crown plaza, is it within walking distance or taxi only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

You could walk but its a fair oul distance...not to be tried in your heels!!

Advertisement