Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krav Maga Club?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hi!:) I'm thinking of joining the Krav Maga club next semester and I'm looking for the opinions of anyone else who has done it or is doing it. I'm just wondering how difficult it is, the only other martial sport I've done is kickboxing and that was only for a little while.:) Looking it up it just seems like a good sport to pick up, and being a woman, it seems to focus a lot of self-defense which I like. Also, would you think the classes are near enough even in terms of men and women or are the members mostly male?:)
    Thank you!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 45 Double decker

very easy to pick up, designed for non-atheltic people really. classes are about 60-40 m:f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

very easy to pick up, designed for non-atheltic people really. classes are about 60-40 m:f

Thanks!:) Also, just wondering do you pay per class or do you pay for a whole semester and roughly how much would that be per class or per semester? Are you required to buy extra equipment or a uniform of sorts? (Can't think of the word!:pac:). Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

As far as I'm aware, you pay your membership at the start of the semester... and that's about it. As for uniform, a tracksuit and a runners will do just fine. While this is a trained martial art, there is no required uniform similar to asian disciples. If you want to know more, look up the lads on the UL Wolves website. I've never done it (always interested but always busy), but I've worked with a number of the lads in the past. They're a great club, very dedicated and very welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

I'll direct you here man; https://www.facebook.com/ul.k.maga?ref=ts&fref=ts Great bunch of people, absolute pleasure knowing them and the training is pretty amazing.

Patrick 1 wrote: »
    I'll direct you here man; https://www.facebook.com/ul.k.maga?ref=ts&fref=ts Great bunch of people, absolute pleasure knowing them and the training is pretty amazing.

Thanks sent them a message and got my questions answered. :) Can't wait to start. Nervous but excited!:pac: Feel like I'll be rubbish and be laughed out of there but sure, I'll give it a go! :o

• Advertisement

Slugs wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, you pay your membership at the start of the semester... and that's about it. As for uniform, a tracksuit and a runners will do just fine. While this is a trained martial art, there is no required uniform similar to asian disciples. If you want to know more, look up the lads on the UL Wolves website. I've never done it (always interested but always busy), but I've worked with a number of the lads in the past. They're a great club, very dedicated and very welcoming.
    Thanks! Good to know!:)

Advertisement