Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLY FISHING DVD'S

Options
  • 26-04-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have come across a few great fly fishing DVD's recently and I am looking for advice on any other good ones out there. The ones I would highly recommend are the following:

The Source - New Zealand
    The Source - Tasmania
    The Source - Iceland
    Once In A Blue Moon

If any one could recommend any other titles I would appreciate it. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 roachbhoy

If it's river fishing flyfishing you're into the Oliver Edwards DVD's are very good as are John Tyack's River Academy series (found at Fish On Productions). Something with an Irish flavour which are also very enjoyable are 'Follow the Fly' which is about fishing the mayfly on the loughs & 'Sea to Stream' fishing on the Lough Currane system.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Have a look for the trout bum series there is some serious trout fishing in them. There are a few different videos to get as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There's a series called The Fish & the Fly. It focuses on dry flies, nymphs, terrestials snd streamers.
    It's geared towards tying and fishing, I haven't seen it but it looks great.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxiazoisn5o

I have 'Fish and the Fly vol 1-Dry flies', its very well filmed in some stunning locations plus the flytying section is great, it's so good I've just ordered Vol 2-Nymphs and Vol-3 Terrestrials.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

Thanks Lads, great clips and advice. I just love watching these dvd's the only thing is I wonder will I ever get to fish these locations....come on Euro Millions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Well I ordered 2 of Peter Reillys books and they just came today, rivers and loughs (latest editions) but their not really what I was looking for. Has he any books more geared towards flies, hatching and times of year? Or can someone recommend me something to get in that direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

fairly sure this could be what your looking for,
    http://www.amazon.com/Trout-Salmon-Flies-Ireland-OReilly/dp/1873674198

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Well I ordered 2 of Peter Reillys books and they just came today, rivers and loughs (latest editions) but their not really what I was looking for. Has he any books more geared towards flies, hatching and times of year? Or can someone recommend me something to get in that direction..

There's a lot of great fly tying on youtube.

I have all his books too but a good book for beginners is River Flyfishing - The complete guide by Peter Lapsley, it covers everything from fly choice, tackle setup & fishing techniques.

Advertisement