Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDFPA National Deadlift Championships

Options
  • 26-04-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Is anybody else competing in this?

I'm planning on competing, will be my first competition.

I hit a 190kg deadlift yesterday but am planning on shooting for over 200kg.

Currently sitting at 71kg (5ft 6") but planning on coming in at about 65ish for the comp.

Just wondering would some of the more experienced lads on here could give me some advice on what I could be aiming for realistically?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

Goin90 wrote: »
    Is anybody else competing in this?

I'm planning on competing, will be my first competition.

I hit a 190kg deadlift yesterday but am planning on shooting for over 200kg.

Currently sitting at 71kg (5ft 6") but planning on coming in at about 65ish for the comp.

Just wondering would some of the more experienced lads on here could give me some advice on what I could be aiming for realistically?

Cheers :)

That's a good deadlift
    If its your first competition just turn up, compete and use your best deadlift as a target to beat going forward
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 41 powerpete

You'll be shooting for the -67.5kg weight class, I agree thats a good deadlift and you've plenty of time to keep working on it, get in there and enjoy the comp! I'll be lifting in the -82.5kg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Goin90

Grand so I'll just keep plugging away and see what I can hit; cheers lads..

I'll just have to keep picking heavy things up a few times a week and see how I go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

The WDFPF WR deadlift for SR -67.5kg is 245kg so 190/200 isn't a bad lift at all in that category.

How old are you? If you were born in 1990 and are a JR then the WR is 225kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Goin90

Not too far away then ;) I'll be turning 20 this month. Hit a 150 squat yesterday, the numbers are coming up nicely at the minute :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Is turning up at the likes of this to test yourself frowned upon if you're not going to be competitive? I recently got back into training and would be miles off a halfway competitive weight in my category, but I'd still be interested in seeing what my max effort in such an environment might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Is turning up at the likes of this to test yourself frowned upon if you're not going to be competitive? I recently got back into training and would be miles off a halfway competitive weight in my category, but I'd still be interested in seeing what my max effort in such an environment might be.

Do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

COH wrote: »
    Do it :)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Not frowned upon, the exact opposite in fact. You will be surprised at the amount of help and advice you get. Then you'll be hooked. Don't think about it do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 powerpete

Skull wrote: »
    Not frowned upon, the exact opposite in fact. You will be surprised at the amount of help and advice you get. Then you'll be hooked. Don't think about it do it.

Very true get down and do it! you'll prob surprise yourself with your numbers too

• Advertisement
Advertisement