Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Cigarillos the only vapor I like?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Out of all the liquids I've tried, the only one that gives me thick satisfying vapour is the El Toro Cigarillos. All the sweet juices I've tried seem to have vapour that's too 'thin', and while it may taste lovely, just hasn't got as good vapour production.

Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

el toro juices are 50% vg, the other juices you're talking about probably have a lower percentage of VG in them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I have noticed this a bit, along with the "less throathit despite same nic" phenomenon.

Yeah. Phenomenon.

Anyway, Guevara and the Reserve always have less vapour for me than Puros, Cigarillos or anything I mix myself (all 50/50). Can't fathom why.
    Reserve and Chocolate Donut have very little throathit compared to the others too, but the concentration is right because they're nowhere near as weak as a 12mg juice or anything. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Just noticed wingnuts juices are 60/40, would that make much of a difference? I mean the difference I find in vapour from the cigarillos is huge.

A noticeable difference, but nothing as epic as jumping between 80/20 and 50/50.

I suppose the subtle flavour of the cigarillos could be at play as well. Wouldn't notice how much I'm inhaling until the exhale, but with the sweeter juices you can taste the vapour going in?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 feckinfecker

Is it ok to use cigarillos naturales in a kanger evod? I'm using 100% VG juice in it at the moment and it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I'm using it in an evod at the moment and it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It works fine in a rebuilt one but the flavour is a bit muted. The protank works well but does lack a little depth of flavour with most juices I think. Probably because of the distance from the coil to the mouthpiece I suppose.

I think I'll order a bottle of the stuff today.

Does it need to be steeped or does it need any other sort of fiddling with to get the flavour right? Store upside down in a fridge for 7 weeks?

some people like it straight off the bat, most people find it needs time to come into its own

try it when you get it then leave the top off and leave it somewhere dark and secure ( a drawer or cupboard) for a week

if you like it when you get it, take 5-10ml out of the bottle and leave the rest to steep just so you can compare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

As Digby says.

I use an empty 10ml bottle for normal use and let the rest steep. I don't take the cap off or anything and it seems to be fine but it generally does seem to lack something straight out of the bottle.

Since the Cigarillos Naturales is made using actual tobacco leaves is there any risk with the aul carcinogens and tobacco specific this-that-and d'other?

honestly, no one really knows

since it's made with actual tobacco leaves the general consensus is that it's "riskier" than other liquids. how much risk that is is unknown. it might be less than walking around town when people are driving cars on the street. it's certainly quite a bit less risky than actual cigarette smoke.

eBaron had his liquids tested and TSNA levels were the same as liquids that weren't steeped in tobacco leaves - TSNAs are in the nicotine, not the tobacco. They're Tobacco-Specific because all of our nicotine is extracted from tobacco.
    Ecig levels of TSNAs are on par with the patch, 300 times less that Snus and 1398 times lies than the average American Marlboro.
    I'd be more worried about possible pesticides from other extracted tobacco brands (eBaron's are organic, so no worries there), as there may be other compounds we don't want to inhale there.
    Immortality is overrated anyway.

Just had a blood pressure test while visiting the doctor for my trapezius (warning, do not pull lower trapezius - very sore!) and it's the ideal 110/70.

"So you don't smoke, great!"

"Nope, I quit January last year, I use ecigarettes."

"Very interesting... *nod of approval*"

He called me a *coughcough* "specimen of excellent health"!

Finally!!! I have achieved SPECIMEN!!!

Grindle, I'm trying to ween myself off nic. I'm down to 11mg cigarillos. How would I take that further while sticking to cigarillos? Could I just 'water it down' with a pg/vg mix?

You could do that, but you're gonna taste the difference.

Only way to get lower than 12mg without losing taste is to find out which carefully selected Cuban cigar leaves eBaron uses (not likely) and mix your own, or try out some other leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

jamie72 wrote: »
    Grindle, I'm trying to ween myself off nic. I'm down to 11mg cigarillos. How would I take that further while sticking to cigarillos? Could I just 'water it down' with a pg/vg mix?

You could find another zero nic juice that you like that mixes well with it. Failing that you could email esi and see what they say. Failing that email house of liquids directly and see what they say?

I might email HOL, maybe get some before the nic was added. Then I can just half mix it with the 11mg cigarillos...

Has anyone tried these: http://www.houseofliquid.com/category-s/1844.htm

Tempted by the minotaur but a bit of a gamble at 26 quid. It's not like I'm running out of liquid anytime soon:) Really like el toro eden and the cigarillos is pretty good, I've been using it in an evod which I don't think suits it, gets very sweet after a day or two.

I was surprised by the selection at HOL alright, didn't know they had so many apart from the ones ESI stocked. Emailed them about the 0mg cigarillos as well.

I always vape cigarillos and have always found it a bit sweet. If your looking for something stronger try the puros. I can send you a sample if you want?

It's a mad strong vape, but you can tame it with the cigarillos. I generally add a bit to my cigarillos when I want flavour.

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    I was surprised by the selection at HOL alright, didn't know they had so many apart from the ones ESI stocked. Emailed them about the 0mg cigarillos as well.

I always vape cigarillos and have always found it a bit sweet. If your looking for something stronger try the puros. I can send you a sample if you want?

It's a mad strong vape, but you can tame it with the cigarillos. I generally add a bit to my cigarillos when I want flavour.

Cheers but already have the puros, haven't used it much as more than a couple of drags makes me dizzy... Mixing it with the cigarillos is a good idea actually.

Might try the virgina prime with my next order from ESI maybe.

Yeah, it's powerful stuff. A few drops in cigarillos really enhances the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

rickyjb wrote: »
    Might try the virgina prime with my next order from ESI maybe.

My favourite juice so far.If you've tried ezsmoke's '1st Choice' you'll love ET's Virginia Prime.Actually,I could swear they are the same juice but with different pg/vg mixes.Only downside to VP is its a real gunker,but its a truer representation of the Canadian tobacco leaf imo.

Its the closest sensation to a cigarette I've had since I started vaping and a more enjoyable one at that.

Advertisement