Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guppy tail has been nipped

Options
  • 26-04-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Ok so I have a 80ltr tank with

2 Guppies ( m)
    4 Platies
    3 Bronze Corys
    5 Neon Tetra
    1 Ballon Molly
    3 Assassin Snails ( and about 50 tiny snails that somehow got into my tank )

Anyway one of my gupies had a fantastic tail but today I noticed it is in bits, literally niped in half and the poor thing does not look well

My question is 2 fold

1) Should I leave Guppy in tank ( I have no other spare tank ) or since he looks so stressed should I put him out of his misery

2) Which fish could have did this as they all are community fish, Is it possible it was a platy as I believe one is pregnant ( not 100% ) and it seems more aggresive then normal , would this be a sign of pregnacy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd treat with esha 2000 to avoid the tail getting infected and see how you go. I've had guppies recover from having their tails nipped before.

Advertisement