Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the username/password for Eircoms new Zyxel router? "broadband1" isn't working

• 26-04-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I was using the old silver Netopia for years but recently disconnected my broadband and then reconnected it on a new package. Eircom sent me out their new Zyxel router.

The username/password is not printed on the bottom and using the suggestions I found from searching the board here "broadband1" is not working and I even tried different variations of username: "broadband1", "eircom@eircom.net", etc and still no luck.

It wont seem to let me bypass the login with an ethernet cable either. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Try

Username: admin

Password: broadband1

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Try

admin
    eircom1

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the one with the wavey lines on top? its the wireless password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Baneblade wrote: »
    the one with the wavey lines on top? its the wireless password

Where did you aquire this information from?? I thought they always used broadband1 as the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

got one recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

oh yeah? they any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Try leaving both blank or admin admin as username/password

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭cork_south

Did u check the sticker underneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

The default password/username on the new Eircom Zyxel 1000 D modem is the wireless key - on the sticker underneath , on entry it give's you the option to customise/personalise your password hth's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

broadband1 is the password, and if its not chances are it was changed at some stage on the router itself, just do a hard factory reset that should wipe any passwords ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

eircom/broadband1 is the PPPoE user/password for connection to eircom's network, not the user/password for logging onto the router's web administration page ... two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Busyness1

Alun wrote: »
    eircom/broadband1 is the PPPoE user/password for connection to eircom's network, not the user/password for logging onto the router's web administration page ... two different things.

Actually up until very recently the route admin config password with eircom was broadband1 provided your router came from eircom. New zyxels 2013 the password is the webkey under router

Advertisement