Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster 10k with 50 min pacer

Options
  • 26-04-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey
    can anyone point me in the direction of a 10k with 50 minute pacer in Munster area in next few months - trying to reach a target !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Pacers in a 10k would be quite unheard of (in my area anyway). Would you have a friend or anyone who could pace you maybe, someone who would usually run 45 mins or quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

There was one in Sixmilebridge this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

acorn wrote: »
    Hey
    can anyone point me in the direction of a 10k with 50 minute pacer in Munster area in next few months - trying to reach a target !

Stoneyford kilkenny in 3 weeks time. I know it ain't munster but most of Munster want to live in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

Yep, I was at the sixmilebridge one, didn't reach my target :(
    Never did like green balloons :rolleyes:

so

Dusting myself off and going to give it another go.

Thanks for that info - might make my way to Stoneyford if nothing closer comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Stoneyford kilkenny in 3 weeks time. I know it ain't munster but most of Munster want to live in Kilkenny

Cowboy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Hey
    Mungret 10k,sun 19th may,limerick, has pacers this year.

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    Mungret 10k,sun 19th may,limerick, has pacers this year.

Now that's closer to home.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Hey

Have not seen many pacers at 10k's around Munster having done quite a few over the last number of years.

I started using pacebands & found them helpful when targeting a time, simple to create on the website below.
    http://www.lucozadesport.com/running/5k-10k/

Just select :
    > Create your own paceband
    > Input distance and time you are aiming for
    > print it on A4 , cut out & then do a sellotape job over it for rain protection .

Found it helpful...although the 10k course your doing needs to have KM markers to check against...most do!
    Best of luck

Marty09 wrote: »
    Have not seen many pacers at 10k's around Munster having done quite a few over the last number of years.

I started using pacebands & found them helpful when targeting a time, simple to create on the website below.
    http://www.lucozadesport.com/running/5k-10k/

Found it helpful...although the 10k course your doing needs to have KM markers to check against...most do!
    Best of luck

Cheers, never heard of pacebands before.Will try it out in training.
    Still struggling to pace myself properly over the race distance.

I went with a pacer in Kinvara half marathon and found it great, I was very comfortable until the last few miles and then it was too late to give up !
    Thanks

BUMP !

Ok, so did Mungret today, PB for me but still like to get closer to 50 min so looking for another 10k with pacers in next few months.

I know I should be able to pace myself, just find it easier to let someone else watch the time while I concentrate on getting one foot in front of the other !

• Advertisement
Advertisement