Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piece of 9/11 plane found

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

The next thing that the US authorities will be telling us is that they just found Osama bin Laden's skull near from where they took him out in Pakistan. It looks like Obama admin could be starting an all out war to try and debunk the tin foil hat brigade.

The real conspiracy here is that Americans only ever refer to tin foil as "aloooominum foil" but are quite happy to describe the hats with the European name.

Shady as fook!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

11/9 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

The Pentagon apparently has the most surveillance of any building in the world. Yet we have never seen footage of flight 77 crashing into it. Not one bit. Wheres the tail off the plane? The fuselage, all that typical stuff after a crash, nowhere.

Actually anyone with half a brain that does a little bit of research can see that its bullsh1t. But most people dont want to hear about it. Actually theres a clip of one guy on youtube saying he saw what looked like a 20 seater plane crash into it, that had no markings on the side

Also it is not possible for a 757 to manoeuvre the way they say it did before crashing into it

Shady as fook
    Well if "a guy on you tube" says it it must be true. Moron.

*youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

I think it's quite stupid to dismiss other people opinions as lunacy. I personally don't believe either way, the US government or the conspiracy theories. Both sides have massive holes in their arguments.

All I can say for sure is that a war for resources followed that is still going on to this day.

I don't really know what happened on 9/11, weather it was terrorists or some elaborate plan to invade the middle east and strip the american public of civil rights, but I don't dismiss other people opinions as nuts, because they think a little different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Don't forget that the cops announced they'd found a passport belonging to a hijacker among all the rubble in NYC (survived the plane crashing into a building 100 storeys up :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Chop Chop wrote: »
    I think it's quite stupid to dismiss other people opinions as lunacy. I personally don't believe either way, the US government or the conspiracy theories. Both sides have massive holes in their arguments.

All I can say for sure is that a war for resources followed that is still going on to this day.

I don't really know what happened on 9/11, weather it was terrorists or some elaborate plan to invade the middle east and strip the american public of civil rights, but I don't dismiss other people opinions as nuts, because they think a little different.

Blue energy waves from the planet xp109-6,thought this was common knowledge.

kneemos wrote: »
    Blue energy waves from the planet xp109-6,thought this was common knowledge.

I suppose this is AH after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mr Kelly [New York Police Commissioner] told reporters after inspecting it that a length of rope was looped around the piece of steel and that no marks were visible on the walls overhead.

What appears to be the remains of a broken pulley can be seen with the wreckage and the New York Times reports that Mr Kelly did not completely exclude the idea that the aircraft debris may have been lowered into the gap.

Weird.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weird.

Now that is weird!?!

Well i'm sorry but if someone says they believe that something that big could be engineered by the Government with all the thousands of people that would have to be involved and nobody has blown the whistle, well i think thats pretty moronic.

I suppose this is AH after all.

You dismissing my beliefs?

Well i'm sorry but if someone says they believe that something that big could be engineered by the Government with all the thousands of people that would have to be involved and nobody has blown the whistle, well i think thats pretty moronic.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Now that is weird!?!

Its weird because someone may have chosen to hide a piece of evidence from such a big event rather than bringing it to the police. Or maybe i'm wrong?

Its weird because someone may have chosen to hide a piece of evidence from such a big event rather than bringing it to the police. Or maybe i'm wrong?

Now you're jumping to conclusions, what I thought was weird was the statement.

• Advertisement

It's healthier to have an opinion,you'll get a boney arse sitting on the fence.

It's healthier to have an opinion,you'll get a boney arse sitting on the fence.

It's hard to have an opinion when you don't believe both sides...plenty of evidence for and against. The debate has raged on for 12 years at this stage. Too many holes in the official story and too many stupid arguments on the conspiracy side.

It's hard to have an opinion when you don't believe both sides...plenty of evidence for and against. The debate has raged on for 12 years at this stage. Too many holes in the official story and too many stupid arguments on the conspiracy side.

If you're life depended on it which side would you fall on?

If you're life depended on it which side would you fall on?

There is a forum for this, I don't have all day to be posting pictures of evidence and counter evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

You said the part had a Boeing id number. I presumed you had found it and seen it. Me personally, it could be a bit of a playstation 2 they found, seeing as I aint seen it. Or any other plane part, seing as it's pretty jammy finding a legible serial number on a part that should be aluminium and mashed to hell after hitting a building. But then I care less really. I'd be more interested in who if anyone was flying the planesand how lucky did they get, bringing down so much, with so little. I also don't hugely care, so don't rush off to find a thousand links - if I was George Bush, I'd have banged a jet into the towers as well. Served a purpose. Very understandable.

If you "didn't care" why bother replying?

• Advertisement

There is a forum for this, I don't have all day to be posting pictures of evidence and counter evidence.

Jeez ask a simple question.

Jeez ask a simple question.

To extract a debate?:D

To extract a debate?:D

Just want to see if you were leaning one way or the other the last thing I want to do is debate conspiracy nonsense.I have a feeling you would fall on the offical line if pushed.

Just want to see if you were leaning one way or the other the last thing I want to do is debate conspiracy nonsense.I have a feeling you would fall on the offical line if pushed.

Tell you what, I'll give you this. There is one thing that I always found hard to believe was the towers collapsing to dust. The accounts and sounds of bombs going off before they fell, countless engineers and scientists saying it couldn't happen. But that's where I'm on the fence. This whole area get's murky when people start saying that the towers were turned to dust by laser weapons. Then I just loose interest.

1) Hijacked planes hit the towers -Fact.

2) The towers fell -Fact

3) How they fell-?????

4)?

5)Profit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The Pentagon apparently has the most surveillance of any building in the world. Yet we have never seen footage of flight 77 crashing into it. Not one bit. Wheres the tail off the plane? The fuselage, all that typical stuff after a crash, nowhere.

There is some footage of the plane hitting, as well as dozens of eye-witness accounts. There are plenty of photos of the debris of the plane that hit the Pentagon
    Actually anyone with half a brain that does a little bit of research can see that its bullsh1t.

Nope people with half a brain swallow the fruitloop conspiracy, for everyone else it takes 5 seconds to find on google images

http://images.google.ie/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1680&bih=921&q=pentagon+plane+debris&oq=pentagon+plane+debris&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i5l2.4045.8511.0.8654.23.19.1.3.3.0.114.1339.17j2.19.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.img.uoS0ozE2Z0Y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22319253

After 12 years! Really?

I know what you are saying.

Maybe they will suddenly find WMDs in there aswell....

And that Bin Laden is actually alive in a basement cell at the CIA HQ or in Guantanamo Bay.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Tell you what, I'll give you this. There is one thing that I always found hard to believe was the towers collapsing to dust. The accounts and sounds of bombs going off before they fell, countless engineers and scientists saying it couldn't happen. But that's where I'm on the fence. This whole area get's murky when people start saying that the towers were turned to dust by laser weapons. Then I just loose interest.

2) The towers fell -Fact

3) How they fell-?????

4)?

5)Profit?

Very good analysis of the facts.
    Had a debate with a lecturer in college about how the buildings came down, this guy has a double phd in material and structural engineering. He was adamint that that the odds of those buildings falling into their own foot-print was astronomical. He also seemed to think that some of the supporting steel beams showed evidence that shaped charges were used on them, to parphrase him "there's no way in hell steel breaks that cleanly".

Getting back on topic though, it's a very odd development to say the least. Do we know the distance from ground zero it was found?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    Had a debate with a lecturer in college about how the buildings came down, this guy has a double phd in material and structural engineering. He was adamint that that the odds of those buildings falling into their own foot-print was astronomical. He also seemed to think that some of the supporting steel beams showed evidence that shaped charges were used on them, to parphrase him "there's no way in hell steel breaks that cleanly".

Getting back on topic though, it's a very odd development to say the least. Do we know the distance from ground zero it was found?

Three blocks I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

2) The towers fell -Fact

3) How they fell-?????

4)?

5)Profit?

It's known how they fell, this isn't a mystery. The only vaguely credible CT on the subject is that the US may have known it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    It's known how they fell, this isn't a mystery. The only vaguely credible CT on the subject is that the US may have known it was going to happen and did nothing to stop it

That's your opinion. I stopped debating this subject back in 2008. You can throw all that stuff at me all you want, I have read it all and I still believe the towers came down with help of something else, other than Aircraft and jet fuel.

It might be a very simple answer, the US knew they were going to be attacked and made double sure that the towers came down, to justify war. It could be as simple as that.

Any way back on topic, do they know what jet it was from yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

What appears to be the remains of a broken pulley can be seen with the wreckage and the New York Times reports that Mr Kelly did not completely exclude the idea that the aircraft debris may have been lowered into the gap.
    The location is at the site where a mosque and community centre has been proposed, three streets away from "Ground Zero" - the site of the twin towers.
    Forgive my scepticism but it's a little convenient that 12 years after 9/11 a landing gear is found previously unnoticed in plain view smack bang in the middle of a site who's proposed use is heavily protested by a huge volume of people, on the idiotic basis that a mosque so close to ground zero is offensive...

You couldnt make this up.

Big lump of the plane (supposedly from 9/11) suddenly found 12 years later in a large gap beside a building thats about to be turned into a Muslim Centre.

Come on now people.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That's your opinion. I stopped debating this subject back in 2008. You can throw all that stuff at me all you want, I have read it all and I still believe the towers came down with help of something else, other than Aircraft and jet fuel.

That's cos you more than likely know **** all about structural engineering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Great then, hop over to the 911 forum, there's a thread I started for actual alternative theories on what happened on 911..

If you have one about "shaped charges" then we'll look forward to scrutinising every detail of it ;)

Lads please.....can we be serious here for a minute please.

:pac::D

paddy147 wrote: »
    You couldnt make this up.

Big lump of the plane (supposedly from 9/11) suddenly found 12 years later in a large gap beside a building thats about to be turned into a Muslim Centre.

Is the implication that somebody planted it there to refresh resentment of the muslim community, thus creating a backlash against the new centre?

That's cos you more than likely know **** all about structural engineering

Now now, cool your jets.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Great then, hop over to the 911 forum, there's a thread I started for actual alternative theories on what happened on 911..

If you have one about "shaped charges" then we'll look forward to scrutinising every detail of it ;)

No thanks, I stopped reading all of it a few years back.

Thats a long way for a 5 foot long piece of plane to travel and fit snugly into that gap on the busy roadside for 12 years,and right beside the new Muslim/Islamic Centre and Mosque that nobody wants there.....:pac:

• Advertisement

I'm won't get into it now, but I had a read of the website there and it nonchalantly glosses over a spectacular amount of information, it also draws conclusions such as -
    "To summarize all of these points, a 500,000 t structure has too much inertia to fall in any direction other than nearly straight down".

A conclusion shouldn't have been drawn a after a mere 400 words, let alone presented as fact, especially without a single equation. The statement is nonsensical in any case, it might as well say "steel is heavy, sure why wouldn't it fall straight". The article is a hell of a lot less academic than it looks. Given the wealth of information on the debate, I'm surprised you chose this, the most up to date references fueling this website's arguments are from October 2001 anyway. I certainly hope this isn't what you used to draw your conclusions. No offence.

Three blocks I think.

Jeez, best part of a mile so!
    There's no way that thing got there under it's own steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

IceFjoem wrote: »
    I'm won't get into it now, but I had a read of the website there and it nonchalantly glosses over a spectacular amount of information, it also draws conclusions such as -

A conclusion shouldn't have been drawn a after a mere 400 words, let alone presented as fact, especially without a single equation. The statement is nonsensical in any case, it might as well say "steel is heavy, sure why wouldn't it fall straight". The article is a hell of a lot less academic than it looks. Given the wealth of information on the debate, I'm surprised you chose this, the most up to date references fueling this website's arguments are from October 2001 anyway. I certainly hope this isn't what you used to draw your conclusions. No offence.

Repost:
    Seachmall wrote: »
    While there are plenty of less-than-amateur and arm-chair demolition "experts" here there is one line that undermines your position,

"The structural engineering community rejects the controlled-demolition conspiracy theory. Its consensus is that the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings was a fire-induced, gravity-driven collapse, an explanation that does not involve the use of explosives." - Wiki

Your opinions on the matter are not in anyway equal to that of qualified experts with years of experience in the area. You may think you are the open-minded free-thinker refusing to buy into the naivety of the general public but you are, in fact, the man with a string around his tooth tied to a door because he believes the dentistry industry to be a cover for a satanic cult.

Nothing I say will convince you. You have bought into this belief system, fueled by ignorance of the industry and arrogance that your opinion, or the opinion of discredited or unqualified self-proclaimed "experts", is equal to that of an entire community that eats, drinks and breathes demolition. A community that define the industry and have consistently proven themselves to be fully worthy of being called experts in that field.

To continue to hold your beliefs you have misunderstood, misinterpreted or plain ignored the contradictions and criticisms the expert community have sent your way, when they have been generous enough to even consider your positions some-how response worthy. Which it's not.

tl;dr
    Shut. The. fuck. Up.

Additional Links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Forgive my scepticism but it's a little convenient that 12 years after 9/11 a landing gear is found previously unnoticed in plain view smack bang in the middle of a site who's proposed use is heavily protested by a huge volume of people, on the idiotic basis that a mosque so close to ground zero is offensive...

Sounds legit

I think you have me confused with somebody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

IceFjoem wrote: »
    I think you have me confused with somebody else.

Apologies if I have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Had a debate with a lecturer in college about how the buildings came down, this guy has a double phd in material and structural engineering. He was adamint that that the odds of those buildings falling into their own foot-print was astronomical.
    Perhaps he studied hard for the phd`s. Hard study can pass exams in the absence of understanding.
    He also seemed to think that some of the supporting steel beams showed evidence that shaped charges were used on them, to parphrase him "there's no way in hell steel breaks that cleanly".

Sounds like you might have been on the winning side of the debate.

Apologies if I have.

No worries :)

Bruthal wrote: »
    Perhaps he studied hard for the phd`s. Hard study can pass exams in the absence of understanding.

Sounds like you might have been on the winning side of the debate.

In fairness the guy know his stuff and has plenty of on-site experience as well.

It was interesting an interest debate alright, no tin-foil hat stuff at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

In fairness the guy know his stuff and has plenty of on-site experience as well.

It was interesting an interest debate alright, no tin-foil hat stuff at all.

A yea I wasnt really saying he does not have a clue, I was more saying that having lots of exams passed doesnt always prove someone`s high level of understanding.

I myself see it as planes hitting a building with an unusual steel structure. Steel greatly weakens in the fires, (which happens a long way short of its melting point), the floors sagged, pulling the perimeter steel columbs inward, increasing more as the fire continued. Many of these perimeter columbs were severed in the initial impact, leaving less to support the above floors as well.

Eventually one floor failed first, and the part of the building above the impact level fell, and pancaked the rest of the tower once it started moving. I dont see any great mystery as to why they didnt fall like a tree being chopped down.

There was not far for the top group of floors to go, except straight down when the steel at a single floor failed at any point, to cause the part above the failure to move down at all. Once it began moving, it just flattened all below.

The best (as in most bizarre)CT stuff I seen was the flashes of the contact points of the planes at the first instant of hitting the buildings. Something clearly seen if you look up high speed camera filming of metal jacket bullets hitting steel plates. Nothing to do with supposed incendiary devices attached to planes or buildings.

It was simply terrorists flying planes into buildings. As another poster said, and imo, the only feasable connection between the US government and the attacks, was inaction on possible evidence of an impeding attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Weird.
    Now that is weird!?!

No it isn't. Journalist asks "Could this have been planted here by people looking to cover their tracks?". Commissioner says something to the effect of: "Could have been, could have been any one of a million things. We don't rule anything out because we don't know yet".

• Advertisement
Advertisement