Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sportsbike with sport touring tyres?

• 26-04-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

You hear a lot of public house talk about tyres and it's all very subjective but I'm just looking for opinions or experiences of people who maybe have Gixxers, Blades or Ninjas or the like that have fitted more touring/ high-wear orientated tyres. From my experience of tyres, backed up by what they spoke about in Mondello as well as others I've spoken to in the trade, 99.9% of us operate WAY within the grip levels of our tyres 99.9% of the time anyway so is the grippiest of grippy tyre really necessary?

In my case, I've just scuttled my slingshot 750, which in favour of an RSV Mille but the rub is A) I'm not that a hard rider and B) I'm probably looking to use the bike as somewhat of a daily and possibly even to a certain extent a tourer of sorts. I'm pretty certain there are guys on gixxers out there on PR3s and the like. I've seen lots of touring/ sports touring tyres on Busas and Blackbirds and those types of bikes. Myself, I had PR3s on my Busa and felt I never got within an asses roar of the end of grip... so would it be the same on my RSV?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

cantdecide wrote: »
    You hear a lot of public house talk about tyres and it's all very subjective but I'm just looking for opinions or experiences of people who maybe have Gixxers, Blades or Ninjas or the like that have fitted more touring/ high-wear orientated tyres. From my experience of tyres, backed up by what they spoke about in Mondello as well as others I've spoken to in the trade, 99.9% of us operate WAY within the grip levels of our tyres 99.9% of the time anyway so is the grippiest of grippy tyre really necessary?

In my case, I've just scuttled my slingshot 750, which in favour of an RSV Mille but the rub is A) I'm not that a hard rider and B) I'm probably looking to use the bike as somewhat of a daily and possibly even to a certain extent a tourer of sorts. I'm pretty certain there are guys on gixxers out there on PR3s and the like. I've seen lots of touring/ sports touring tyres on Busas and Blackbirds and those types of bikes. Myself, I had PR3s on my Busa and felt I never got within an asses roar of the end of grip... so would it be the same on my RSV?

They use BT023s on the bikes at CSS over here, more than enough grip for the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

KamiKazi wrote: »
    They use BT023s on the bikes at CSS over here, more than enough grip for the road.

Ya in using bt023's on my er6f. I've done about 10,000k on them. They are still in good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd go with either Bridgestone023's or Metzler Z8's.

I'm running PR3's at the moment and wouldn't bother my arse with the extra expense over the 023's or Z8's again.

I'm running them on a BMW R1100S.

Advertisement