Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used a lead generation company before?

Options
  • 26-04-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi
    3 of us have recently set up a new business. We're trying to get a bit of traction but one thing we're scratching our heads about is lead generation. We want to discover the most effective way to get quality leads. Have you ever used a lead generation company? How was your experience? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Yes, just recently.

The leads had opted in to get a call while they did a survey, or so I was told. I was told they were going to be hot leads but 99% of them were not interested and basically had not opted in for a call at at all. Most the people I rang also got really pissed off as they had been contacted by loads of other companies in the same sector tryng to sell(like me). So basically the leads are sold to loads of different companies.

That's just my experience.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I remember recently reading about a fairly new lead generation company in Carlow (Maven). I have no experience of (or connection with ) them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dgriff

Yes, just recently.

The leads had opted in to get a call while they did a survey, or so I was told. I was told they were going to be hot leads but 99% of them were not interested and basically had not opted in for a call at at all. Most the people I rang also got really pissed off as they had been contacted by loads of other companies in the same sector tryng to sell(like me). So basically the leads are sold to loads of different companies.

That's just my experience.

Oh god. That doesn't sound great. Thanks for your reply though..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dgriff

Graham wrote: »
    I remember recently reading about a fairly new lead generation company in Carlow (Maven). I have no experience of (or connection with ) them though.

Thanks Graham. I hope they're not like the other company chillywilly had dealings with!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

The best thing to do is ask for a batch of free leads first before you commit to buying any.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

dont go with lead gen companies they just provide you with leads that have been flogged to death, best thing is to set up a facebook landing page and drive fb ads to it, this is the most cost effective way of doing it

Advertisement