Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise in Tullamore

Options
  • 27-04-2013 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    Starting 2 nights ago, we've been hearing a noise at night. It's off in the distance. I'm hearing it from the Spollenstown area. It's quite annoying. At first I thought it was wind coming through the vent, then I thought it was a helicopter in the distance, but I couldn't see one.
    Does anybody know what it is? My guess is that it's coming from the train station area or further.
    My guess is a combine harvester, but who the hell would be using one at 12am??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Therightway

Could be night work on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Here's a recording of it,
    Skip to about 30 seconds
    http://db.tt/KksQZMqB

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Here's a recording of it,
    Skip to about 30 seconds
    http://db.tt/KksQZMqB

I actually did hear that the other night, it only lasted about 30 seconds - 1 minute though. Weird.

LizT wrote: »
    I actually did hear that the other night, it only lasted about 30 seconds - 1 minute though. Weird.

Well I've been hearing it on and off for the last 90 minutes :mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It sounds to me like the Garda helicopter, especially given the time of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase

That's a chopper.

Tullamore has the Military Airspace of the Military Operating Area 4 directly overhead and it has the R16 Airspace off to the East too. It's possible the Air Corp are doing night Ops or training with their helicopters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

helecopter

Not a helicopter, lads.
    Was in the park with the little fella the other day and I could hear it. It's running all day. It sounded like it was coming from the train station or something.
    Definitely not a chopper.

Advertisement