Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap refillable e-cig

Options
  • 27-04-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Not wanting to bring my nice new expensive ePipe with me to a heavy metal gig (Kreator) in case it got broken, I instead just had a few rollies. Holy crap, they tasted disgusting! Esp after two weeks vaping.

So, in future, I plan to have a cheap e-cig that I don't mind too much if it breaks/gets lost in the mosh-pit. Would prefer a refillable one, so that I can just vape whatever juice I'm vaping at the time. Would also prefer if it was small, and didn't have that glowing light at the end of it.

Any ideas? Would also get a 2nd hand one from the sticky thread here, if there was a decent one for cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

the_syco wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Not wanting to bring my nice new expensive ePipe with me to a heavy metal gig (Kreator) in case it got broken, I instead just had a few rollies. Holy crap, they tasted disgusting! Esp after two weeks vaping.

So, in future, I plan to have a cheap e-cig that I don't mind too much if it breaks/gets lost in the mosh-pit. Would prefer a refillable one, so that I can just vape whatever juice I'm vaping at the time. Would also prefer if it was small, and didn't have that glowing light at the end of it.

Any ideas? Would also get a 2nd hand one from the sticky thread here, if there was a decent one for cheap.

Yeah an ePipe at a metal gig may not go down too well.Who's the support act?I remember seeing Kreator & Death at the top hat.Chuck didn't show so I think the bassist sang instead.The band had banners slagging him off.Poor chuck never kept a full lineup for more than one album.Seriously talented.

Oh the ecig! Can't think of any without the light but I'm sure a few of the lads here will help you out.

Enjoy the gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

my nice new expensive ePipe

Do tell, what is it? I got my third pipe yesterday, did you buy from EPM?

As for something small, ego's are perfect, cheap as chips but do the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Couple of standard eGo batteries, USB charger and some 2ohm Boge XL cartomisers would be the cheapest option.
    Add a 3ml DCT and a carto punch if you need more capacity or hate filling cartos.
    Less likely to break or leak in a mosh pit if you don't use a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

superneat wrote: »
    Do tell, what is it? I got my third pipe yesterday, did you buy from EPM?
    Not directly, but got it 2nd hand off someone who did (he had bought a few, and wasn't using it). The silver button is to activate it (it's a manual), and the "button" on the side of the tank is a small plug that allows you to fill it by a syringe.

F233898F62C64249858ADCE59624297A-0000324027-0003230387-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg71CA294A453A4B279B0C772DFB0A16C0-0000324027-0003230386-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    As for something small, ego's are perfect, cheap as chips but do the job nicely.
    Will look into them.
    grindle wrote: »
    Couple of standard eGo batteries, USB charger and some 2ohm Boge XL cartomisers would be the cheapest option.
    Add a 3ml DCT and a carto punch if you need more capacity or hate filling cartos.
    Less likely to break or leak in a mosh pit if you don't use a tank.
    Shall Google what all this means when I get paid, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Filling it with a syringe in a mosh pit could be kinda tricky alright :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Filling it with a syringe in a mosh pit could be kinda tricky alright :-)

Not if you asked the participants in a polite manner would they mind momentarily ceasing their activities as you need to refill your device.I'm sure they would be very accommodating:rolleyes:

An ego would be your best bet but I thought you were thinking more along the lines of a cigalike.I'm sure by now you've seen them in garages,newsagents etc.
    Pretty shiite vape from them but if damaged by some raging hippy no great loss.You could top it up with your own eliquid.The tip light isn't that much different to a real cigarette so it wont be very obvious.

You could always buy tickets to go and see Barry Manilow and bring your ePipe along.Things can get pretty heated during 'Copacabana' but you could always sit that one out.

Not if you asked the participants in a polite manner would they mind momentarily ceasing their activities as you need to refill your device.I'm sure they would be very accommodating:rolleyes:
    Yeah, sure...
    392389_162058523961472_14747782_n.jpg
    ©LTphoto
    An ego would be your best bet but I thought you were thinking more along the lines of a cigalike.I'm sure by now you've seen them in garages,newsagents etc.
    I hate the look of those things, tbh. Probably get a case/metal pipe to put the ecig into for the pit.

F233898F62C64249858ADCE59624297A-0000324027-0003230387-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg71CA294A453A4B279B0C772DFB0A16C0-0000324027-0003230386-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Very nice. I'm on my third epipe now and I'll be going back for at least two more (another dragon and an M3 mjolnir when they're released).

How do you find the jazz carto tank? I was thinking of getting an Isis shorty with one, and the churchwarden mouthpiece, but the $40 shipping is a killer! :mad:

Lovely though, maybe one day.

isis.jpg

How do you find the jazz carto tank? I was thinking of getting an Isis shorty with one, and the churchwarden mouthpiece, but the $40 shipping is a killer! :mad:
    I've nothing to compare it against, tbh, but I find it handy. Usually just take the mouthpiece off to top it up. How long do the carto's usually last?

/edit;
    I'm also surprised that there isn't anyone in the UK (or even Europe) selling these.

I've nothing to compare it against, tbh, but I find it handy. Usually just take the mouthpiece off to top it up. How long do the carto's usually last?

/edit;
    I'm also surprised that there isn't anyone in the UK (or even Europe) selling these.

Don't use carto's really, but when I have they lasted me anywhere from 3 days to a week. That's while using very thick and sweet juices so, YMMV.

The tank is actually just a smoktek udct tank that they modify by putting in a filling hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 nonsmokernow

Those things in the garage are useless, you'll end up buying a proper one in the end, you might as well start right

Advertisement