Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gardai and the sports coach...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

I am aware you can't name this individual but could someone inform us as to what sport,scouts ,club,he is/was involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

he was named in a sunday newspaper with full interview

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've deleted posts mentioning the sport as it it narrows it down a bit too much.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

What I cant understand is, they blurred his picture so he couldn't be identified, then named him and the club he coached for in the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

It is on the front page of this weeks News & Star - Name and picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Given who this guy allegedly is, there are some serious questions to be answered not only by the Gardai, but also in some political circles in Waterford as to why and how this admission of guilt was kept from the public for over 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

A lot of people snapping the front page of news and star in tesco , manipulative little man he is !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

decies wrote: »
    A lot of people snapping the front page of news and star in tesco , manipulative little man he is !!!!

Anyone able to do same and post the pic here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We can't allow, for copyright reasons, scans of the paper on public view. But they are needed as a source when someone is being named, so in such events send the mods the pic of the paper and wait for the nod to post the name.

In this case, I just want to double check with the mods and higher authorities on Boards what is and isn't allowed legally. Since his name is very much in the public domain, ill close this until I get to chat with the mods.

This is being done to cover Boards.ie and you the users. This is something I can't ever recall dealing with as a mod on Boards, so please understand I need to check things over with the lads.

Topic Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi All:

We (local mods & cat mods) requested input from Boards HQ on this matter & were advised to keep this thread closed.

The reason being that it may prejudice the person involved, & compromise any future case that may be taken in regard to the allegations.
    While an individual has been named & pictured in the media, he remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    The newspapers may have the funds to deal with a defamation case like this should he be found not-guilty in court, we most definitely don't.

Thanks for your understanding.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement