Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fibre in Cork city suburbs

Options
  • 27-04-2013 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi,

Eircom engineers recently installed a fibre cabinet in my housing estate near Mayfield on the north side of Cork City. They also connected it to the nearby ESB power box. Would it be reasonable to assume I can avail of a fibre upgrade after May 20th? Other nearby estates also have new cabinets. However the upgrade page on the Eircom website said it 'wasn't available in my area'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Eircom engineers recently installed a fibre cabinet in my housing estate near Mayfield on the north side of Cork City. They also connected it to the nearby ESB power box. Would it be reasonable to assume I can avail of a fibre upgrade after May 20th? Other nearby estates also have new cabinets. However the upgrade page on the Eircom website said it 'wasn't available in my area'.

Hi petersburg2002

If you would like to PM me with your tel no: or full address and I will check that in detail for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11 colemanja

Hi,
    My area has also had one of the new Fibre cabinets installed.
    How long can i expect before an increase in my service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

colemanja wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi colemanja

If eFibre is available to your line you maybe able to place an order for a free upgrade to eFibre on Monday the 20th of May. We will not have information on price and specifications until then.

Fibre broadband is subject to availabilitywhich can be found by following this link: http://www.eircom.net/efibre/

Also, if your line is not listed by theabove website we will have more info on availability on Monday.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 colemanja

Hi,

Hi colemanja

If eFibre is available to your line you maybe able to place an order for a free upgrade to eFibre on Monday the 20th of May. We will not have information on price and specifications until then.

Fibre broadband is subject to availabilitywhich can be found by following this link: http://www.eircom.net/efibre/

Also, if your line is not listed by theabove website we will have more info on availability on Monday.

Regards

Al
    Hi,
    My exchange and my cabinet have been upgraded but i still cannot get efibre.
    would someone be able to check my line to tell me why i cant get efibre.
    my current NGB speed is .3Mb.

thanks
    Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Hi colemanja

Regards

Al
    Hi,
    My exchange and my cabinet have been upgraded but i still cannot get efibre.
    would someone be able to check my line to tell me why i cant get efibre.
    my current NGB speed is .3Mb.

thanks
    Jamie
    Hi colemanja

Can you confirm your landline number and address by PM? I've checked your line number you previously PM'd and its not coming up as active? Have you a working line with eircom?

Also can you confirm you advised you of this?

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement