Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is my I phone blocked?

• 27-04-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I recently bought a i phone 4 through adverts.ie for my partner. When i bought the phone it was sealed in the box 100% brand new. my partner left vodafone joined meteor (as the phone was meteor network) she got the micro sim and everything was grand. Around 24/36 hours later the phones reception went and she can't recieve calls text in or out. She went back into Meteor and they checked sim that seemed ok and they told us the phone was locked? We since rang Apple and they said everything was ok on there side not stolen lost etc and contact the network provider. But meteor will not help as we weren't the ones who originally bought the phone. we've tried getting the seller but unsuccessful. Any help would be great, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You bought a phone that was either stolen or somone defaulted on the bill with. Try contacting the seller besides that there's nothing much you can do besides sell it for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 porgie82

lovely!! why would the phone work for the period of time that it did though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

porgie82 wrote: »
    lovely!! why would the phone work for the period of time that it did though?

Blacklist takes time to fully block the phone. Usually calls go first and then texts I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Could use it as an iPod I guess

Thanks for all response i'll try bring it back to the person i bought it from. when an offer is too good to be true it is the truth!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Check the full history of the phone here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

if it was in a box when didnt you ask for the receipt???

hfallada wrote: »
    if it was in a box when didnt you ask for the receipt???

i did ask for reciept and he told me he had one but would not give due to his visa details .... http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/iphone-4-brand-new/2961216

And now i cannot get the guy on phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

that is possibly one of the most dodgy accounts I have ever seen its also the first time i-ve ever seen a minus in feedback :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

i did ask for reciept and he told me he had one but would not give due to his visa details .... http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/iphone-4-brand-new/2961216

And now i cannot get the guy on phone.

patience .... looking at it they have sold lots of items in the past so chances are they will keep putting up adverts and you can arrange to meet them.

• Advertisement

Make a new account, and offer asking on one of his other ads, arrange to meet with him.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Check the full history of the phone here

Many thanks for link the phone has been either lost or stolen not an insurance or bill issue at least i'm getting a few answers

Prodigious wrote: »
    Make a new account, and offer asking on one of his other ads, arrange to meet with him.

I'll catch him some way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Many thanks for link the phone has been either lost or stolen not an insurance or bill issue at least i'm getting a few answers

if it has been locked it will only be for this country ...so you could always sell it off on e-bay !! (might make most of your money back)

If you're selling it I might take it off your hands, depending on the price.
    It won't work abroad unless you pay to get it factory unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I guess you already used that link... I think these guys do the same for free: http://www.imei.info/

flyguy wrote: »
    I guess you already used that link... I think these guys do the same for free: http://www.imei.info/

No, they make you pay and actually use the link I provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I was actually just checking myself, you're right they used to be free. Now it's paid as well. Only basic report is free (which doesn't include blacklist status).
    Anyway good luck with the phone.
    The seller doesn't strike me as the smartest person, he obviously thought he could report the phone lost/stolen and make money on selling it, I guess he didn't realise it would get blacklisted. If he did he's really stupid still having his adverts profile up. I would contact adverts as well with your issue, but mind that they might disable his account which will make it hard for you to contact/find him in the future...

OP, be sure to report his number on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I'll catch him some way!!

I wonder if the avatar he's using is his car? I think the reg is on it if you magnify it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement