Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small tiling job prices & questions

Options
  • 27-04-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

hi

I have a small bathroom: about 6ft x 4 ft. (there is a toilet and sink in situ so it would have to be removed or tiled around). Currently there is a concrete floor.
    I was looking to get it tiled and think its best to leave it to someone who knows what their doing, therefore i had a few questions:

how much would a tiler charge for this
    do i need to provide any materials or will the tiller provide these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

He can supply or not but most won't as it is not worth the hassle. You have to pick what tile you want!

Ball park price for a tiler is 13-15 quid a square yard labour only.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

thanks do i need to provide the other materials other than the tiles themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

john_doe. wrote: »
    thanks do i need to provide the other materials other than the tiles themselves
    You probably will , but just ask the tiler because its only a small floor he might have enough adhesive and grout left over from other jobs that will do yours .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 classic tiler

Your tiler will recommend a tile shop for adhesive and grout. All tiling is priced per square yard or metre but, there is a minimum amount charged as you cant expect a qualified tiler to spend half a day working on your floor for €30. €60 is a reasonable price for a 6 by 4 floor cutting around a bowl and pedestal.

Advertisement