Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 35 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuhnt Pounder

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Downing assist on the PL site, the minute by minute page

They had given it to him, I'm almost sure. Doesn't matter anyways, it was downing. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

On that youtube clip it is difficult to tell, when ye say it definitely hit him what are ye going on?
    The ball clearly deviates before hitting Boyce. It's as clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They had given it to him, I'm almost sure. Doesn't matter anyways, it was downing. :(

you're right, they had given it to coutinho, this is from the premier league's twitter

Premier Leaguepremierleague19m
    ASSIST Phillippe Coutinho crossed for Daniel Agger, who scored his 3rd #BPL goal of the season. Newcastle 0-1 Liverpool. #NEWLIV

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CSF wrote: »
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've tried to go through it as slowmo as possible, and I find it very hard to make out the actual point of contact.

http://youtu.be/3SzCwTamvsY

12 seconds in. Clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FutureGuy wrote: »

I can see the ball changing direction as if he has hit it alright, but I can't actually see him make contact with the ball no matter how many times I look at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Call me a pessimist but it's not as clear as day to me!

Any bonus points predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Coutinho is my budget mid next season,looks a cracking player

Call me a pessimist but it's not as clear as day to me!

Just before the ball gets to Bale it is being driven upwards. After passing Bale, it is being driven downwards. Bale hit it. He also looked to claim the goal.

If Bale gets the assist he's due 2-3 bonus. If he doesn't, he'll get 0-1 bonus.

EDIT: 3-4 in the boards money league top ten didn't captain him so massive massive swing

dahat wrote: »
    Coutinho is my budget mid next season,looks a cracking player

He'll be 8.5 minimum next year.

• Advertisement

Just before the ball gets to Bale it is being driven upwards. After passing Bale, it is being driven downwards. Bale hit it. He also looked to claim the goal.

If Bale gets the assist he's due 2-3 bonus. If he doesn't, he'll get 0-1 bonus.

EDIT: 3-4 in the boards money league top ten didn't captain him so massive massive swing

My captain too so I really want it, does it connect with the calf of his standing leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He'll be 8.5 minimum next year.

Ouch,had hoped he would be a little cheaper,looks a real prospect.Those players with craft are cracking FF players,Kagawa will be another prospect

CSF wrote: »
    Any bonus points predictions?

Everton 1 Fulham 0 – Pienaar 3, Coleman 2, Baines 1 (1 is quite open)

Southampton 0 West Brom 3 – Lukaku 3, Fortuné 2, Long 1

Stoke 1 Norwich 0 – Crouch 3, Adam 3, Begovic 1 (Begovic maybe by default, no one wants it)

Wigan 2 Tottenham 2 – McManaman 3, Boyce 2, McCarthy 1 (in the mix Bale)

Courtesy of the Bap chap

Bale will get 2-3 if the assist is correctly given.

3 from Yaya and Lukaku and 1 for Baines would get me to 51. Bale assist would be 61.

Sturridge running riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

so should coutinho have 2 assists now?

Sturridge running riot

I've stood by him while his price has dropped by a million, this is my time for payback, had him benched last week as well.

Who has Borini??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Debuchy red

Who has Borini??

My captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Newcastle are woeful. Surely Pardew's 8 year contract is in jeopardy after this.

And Liverpool are proving there could be life without Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've stood by him while his price has dropped by a million, this is my time for payback, had him benched last week as well.

fair play I got rid a couple of weeks back will get him back in for the last 2 games of the season.

i seen on fiso that tevez's transfer in is at 632%!!! never seen it so high! a lot of people, myself included backed a donkey today while the lukaku owners are laughing!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i seen on fiso that tevez's transfer in is at 632%!!! never seen it so high! a lot of people, myself included backed a donkey today while the lukaku owners are laughing!
    In fairness, any right minded FFer would have had Tevez brought in for Suarez, I'm not too worried as the people with Lukaku are well down, in my leagues anyway.

It's been a bad day, 28 with 4 to play, really need that (c)Bale assist though. Coutinho's first on my bench to add insult to injury.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I brought in both. With next week in mind.

Any update on Bale, I don't use any other forums!

Carragher clean sheet at 5 mill its been a good transfer for me thats 5 clean sheets in his last 8 games. At the time it was him or Samba had a lucky escape there.

Carragher clean sheet at 5 mill its been a good transfer for me thats 5 clean sheets in his last 8 games. At the time it was him or Samba had a lucky escape there.

I got Enrique around then too, I was hoping for more attacking points(one assist since) but I can't complain. Not so lucky with big Samba:o

I got Enrique around then too, I was hoping for more attacking points(one assist since) but I can't complain. Not so lucky with big Samba:o

Big Chris will have you dancing tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Bit of a mixed day for me. On 21 points, but still have a good few players to go (Mata, Michu, DDG, Mert, Walcott and RVP) so a chance of salvaging the week still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't think anybody expected the 6-0 in the Liverpool game,considering what's at stake for Newcastle you'd think they'd even try.Glad I got rid of my Newcastle players now.

Time for the rest of my big guns to step up tomorrow.

Any update on Bale, I don't use any other forums!
    Futureguy is outside fantasy premier league HQ as we speak handing in a petition with 100,000 signatures to get the assist changed to Bale.

#justiceforbale

27 points with six players to go.

22 (-4) with RVP, Mata, Michu, Evra, Sagna and walcott to play.

woulda had 31 if hart hadn't spilled that at the end but what can you do.

will see a lot of these when the tables are updated

250px-RAF_Red_Arrows_-_Rhyl_Air_Show.jpg

45 (no hits) with just Santi and Mata to play. Gamble of Tevez in for RVP hasnt worked so far, although without it I wouldnt have been able to afford Arteta > Bale. Wont be able to judge it as a success or not until the end of next GW.

Am so glad I listened to my rational self this morning though and avoided pulling the trigger on Bego > Hart for a 4 point hit. Madness to be even thinking of it really, considering that Bego would have had to let in 2 at home to Norwich and Hart keep a cleanie just for the transfer to turn a profit. Never really worth it with a defender or keeper if both are going to play in the GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

only reasons I got Hart in for a hit were...

1. DGW next week.
    2. I'm not at all convinced DDG will play tomorrow and Federici is still my sub keeper.

SlickRic wrote: »

1. DGW next week.
    2. I'm not at all convinced DDG will play tomorrow and Federici is still my sub keeper.

DGW was weighing heavily in my thinking alright, but said I would let it go this week and re-assess.
    The key part of my thinking though was that Bego would defo play this week, plus had a nice fixture home to Norwich. I would think DDG will still play but the fixture is a tricky one, will be v shocked if Utd keep a clean sheet to be honest, with or without DDG.

As an aside with SAF confirming players dont need 10 appearances to get a medal, and that Utd have a bunch to distribute to the squad, I think that barring injury Lindegaard is likely to only play one more game in the season (probly the home tie v Swansea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if I had been in your position, there's no way I'd have got Hart in.

DDG and the Arsenal fixture swayed it for me.

if Hart hadn't had the brainfart I'd be looking fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

63 (-8), only Hazard left to play, up over 20k places to 36,000ish. First green arrows in a few weeks:)

Does it usually take this long for the day's scores to be confirmed? Still waiting on the Bale assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally seen it. Ill be surprised if its not a Bale assist. Ball changed direction slightly. And yes he is my captain :D

My thought watching it live was it was a Bale assist. However having watched Soccer Saturday and MOTD I havent seen conclusive evidence to show he touched it.

I should clarify I have Bale as Capt AND have a FFS pre-season bet with PP that Bale gets 10 goals and 10 assists @ 11/1 (currently has 8 assists)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

KevIRL wrote: »
    My thought watching it live was it was a Bale assist. However having watched Soccer Saturday and MOTD I havent seen conclusive evidence to show he touched it.

I should clarify I have Bale as Capt AND have a FFS pre-season bet with PP that Bale gets 10 goals and 10 assists @ 11/1 (currently has 8 assists)

Good luck with your bet, was a decent pick; would surely have been weighed in already barring injury/suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got 42 (-4) pts. Lukaku did great for me. Also really happy I went with Bale as captain as I was torn between him and Tevez. I'm up to just outside the top 400 in the world. Not sure I'll be there by the end of the G.W. but I'll enjoy it while the going's good.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Good luck with your bet, was a decent pick; would surely have been weighed in already barring injury/suspension.

If he was just a little bit less of a beast for getting goals I'd be home and hosed. Up till Spurs played Liverpool not so long ago Bale only had 4 assists, and he'd already hit the 10 goals.

SlickRic wrote: »

1. DGW next week.

same here, if i'd had begovic i wouldn't have done the hart transfer this week but looking at DDG i thought, he'll play 3 out of 4, 2 of those will be arsenal away and chelsea at home, while Hart has 5 games compared to 3, where you'd expect at least 3 if not 4 clean sheets. i thought if i did the transfer this week i'd cancel out the 4 point hit, i was a few seconds away from making a great decision.

Watching MOTD here and, for me, it definitely deflected in some form off Bale.

12 hours into my protest outside FF HQ. very cold night but someone bought me coffee.

There's 6 of us here. 3 Brits, a French guy and a Canadian are sitting beside me. Can you imagine flying from Canada. The fcuking nerd!

RoryC just passed. He says he's here on business but I saw him with a Justice 4 Huddlestone sign. The rotten bast@rd.

Will keep the flag flying. You can count on me!

I cannot remember wanting a 0-0 bore draw more than I do in the United v Arsenal game.

Forza boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FYP
    I cannot remember wanting a 1-0 bore more than I do in the United v Arsenal game.

RVP with a tap in would suffice as the only bit of action in the game lets be fair ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement