Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 35 - Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any update on Bale, I don't use any other forums!
    Futureguy is outside fantasy premier league HQ as we speak handing in a petition with 100,000 signatures to get the assist changed to Bale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

#justiceforbale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

27 points with six players to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

22 (-4) with RVP, Mata, Michu, Evra, Sagna and walcott to play.

woulda had 31 if hart hadn't spilled that at the end but what can you do.

will see a lot of these when the tables are updated

250px-RAF_Red_Arrows_-_Rhyl_Air_Show.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

45 (no hits) with just Santi and Mata to play. Gamble of Tevez in for RVP hasnt worked so far, although without it I wouldnt have been able to afford Arteta > Bale. Wont be able to judge it as a success or not until the end of next GW.

Am so glad I listened to my rational self this morning though and avoided pulling the trigger on Bego > Hart for a 4 point hit. Madness to be even thinking of it really, considering that Bego would have had to let in 2 at home to Norwich and Hart keep a cleanie just for the transfer to turn a profit. Never really worth it with a defender or keeper if both are going to play in the GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

only reasons I got Hart in for a hit were...

1. DGW next week.
    2. I'm not at all convinced DDG will play tomorrow and Federici is still my sub keeper.

SlickRic wrote: »

1. DGW next week.
    2. I'm not at all convinced DDG will play tomorrow and Federici is still my sub keeper.

DGW was weighing heavily in my thinking alright, but said I would let it go this week and re-assess.
    The key part of my thinking though was that Bego would defo play this week, plus had a nice fixture home to Norwich. I would think DDG will still play but the fixture is a tricky one, will be v shocked if Utd keep a clean sheet to be honest, with or without DDG.

As an aside with SAF confirming players dont need 10 appearances to get a medal, and that Utd have a bunch to distribute to the squad, I think that barring injury Lindegaard is likely to only play one more game in the season (probly the home tie v Swansea)

if I had been in your position, there's no way I'd have got Hart in.

DDG and the Arsenal fixture swayed it for me.

if Hart hadn't had the brainfart I'd be looking fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

63 (-8), only Hazard left to play, up over 20k places to 36,000ish. First green arrows in a few weeks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does it usually take this long for the day's scores to be confirmed? Still waiting on the Bale assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally seen it. Ill be surprised if its not a Bale assist. Ball changed direction slightly. And yes he is my captain :D

My thought watching it live was it was a Bale assist. However having watched Soccer Saturday and MOTD I havent seen conclusive evidence to show he touched it.

I should clarify I have Bale as Capt AND have a FFS pre-season bet with PP that Bale gets 10 goals and 10 assists @ 11/1 (currently has 8 assists)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

KevIRL wrote: »
    My thought watching it live was it was a Bale assist. However having watched Soccer Saturday and MOTD I havent seen conclusive evidence to show he touched it.

I should clarify I have Bale as Capt AND have a FFS pre-season bet with PP that Bale gets 10 goals and 10 assists @ 11/1 (currently has 8 assists)

Good luck with your bet, was a decent pick; would surely have been weighed in already barring injury/suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got 42 (-4) pts. Lukaku did great for me. Also really happy I went with Bale as captain as I was torn between him and Tevez. I'm up to just outside the top 400 in the world. Not sure I'll be there by the end of the G.W. but I'll enjoy it while the going's good.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Good luck with your bet, was a decent pick; would surely have been weighed in already barring injury/suspension.

If he was just a little bit less of a beast for getting goals I'd be home and hosed. Up till Spurs played Liverpool not so long ago Bale only had 4 assists, and he'd already hit the 10 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

SlickRic wrote: »

1. DGW next week.

same here, if i'd had begovic i wouldn't have done the hart transfer this week but looking at DDG i thought, he'll play 3 out of 4, 2 of those will be arsenal away and chelsea at home, while Hart has 5 games compared to 3, where you'd expect at least 3 if not 4 clean sheets. i thought if i did the transfer this week i'd cancel out the 4 point hit, i was a few seconds away from making a great decision.

Watching MOTD here and, for me, it definitely deflected in some form off Bale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

12 hours into my protest outside FF HQ. very cold night but someone bought me coffee.

There's 6 of us here. 3 Brits, a French guy and a Canadian are sitting beside me. Can you imagine flying from Canada. The fcuking nerd!

RoryC just passed. He says he's here on business but I saw him with a Justice 4 Huddlestone sign. The rotten bast@rd.

Will keep the flag flying. You can count on me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I cannot remember wanting a 0-0 bore draw more than I do in the United v Arsenal game.

Forza boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FYP
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I cannot remember wanting a 1-0 bore more than I do in the United v Arsenal game.

RVP with a tap in would suffice as the only bit of action in the game lets be fair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Lemlin wrote: »
    Watching MOTD here and, for me, it definitely deflected in some form off Bale.

Cant see it myself, dont think Bale touched it.

I'll take it if its given.:D

Santi101 wrote: »
    Cant see it myself, dont think Bale touched it.

I'll take it if its given.:D

I can't see Bale touching it myself but the movement of the ball after it goes past him shows something touched it so it has to be Bale.

I doubt he'll get it though. Can't remember now but don't think he even tried to claim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Could do with the Bale assist being given myself too.

Got 26 (-4) with him as my captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

30(-4) with 4 to play. West Ham's 94th minute goal cost me 8 points. BAU

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Reading: McCarthy; Gunter, Kelly, Mariappa, Morrison; Karacan, Guthrie; McCleary, McAnuff (C), Blackman; Pogrebnyak

Subs: Taylor, Harte, Pearce, Carrico, Robson-Kanu, Hunt, Le Fondre.

QPR: Green, Bosingwa, Onuoha, Hill, Traore, Granero, Jenas, Mbia, Taarabt, Remy, Bothroyd

Subs: Cesar, Derry, Park, Mackie, Fabio, Ben Haim, Hoilett

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

No samba. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

On 25 (-4) Yesterday didn't work out too bad for me after my faithful error of captaining Michu by accident instead of Bale! Hopefully Michu can surprise everyone and do the deadly today. Also have RVP who is a big differential as the 3 ahead of me in my money league don't have him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just seen Fellianis miss from 6 yards :( would have been a Baines assist too :(

ha, no Samba v Reading.

useless fúcker!

come on Ben Davies so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

qwabercd wrote: »
    No samba. Lol.

Samba has trolled this forum and it's members since he came back from Russia,quite funny...

Advertisement