Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle Utd vs Liverpool (KO: 5:30pm) (Live on ESPN)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Pardew bizarrely blames the loss on inexperience, a team full of bloody international players. For the pool fans this is the kind of drivel we have been watching and listening to all year. There is even a hashtag #pardewexcusebingo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You know you're bad when Henderson scores twice against you.

Compared to before,Newcastle look absolutely terrible.Gonna be a nervous last 4 games for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Has anyone else noticed how much better Liverpool play when they break at speed, as opposed to Rodger's preferred brand of possession football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

zerks wrote: »

Compared to before,Newcastle look absolutely terrible.Gonna be a nervous last 4 games for them.

Henderson's a good player who's been dragged down by his fee which wasn't all that outlandish thinking about it. If he was signed in a different window to Downing then he'd be rated higher imo. Still very young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You know someone doesn't have a clue about football when he says this.

TBH i think we'll find out how good liverpool are next week. Having watched several abject performances recently i figured this would be a rout even without Suarez. I really wouldnt read too much into it from a Liverpool perspective. We could and possibly should have shipped 4 last week and Sunderland wiped the floor with us the week before. On actual form (not points gained) we have to be the worst team in the league right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

dfx- wrote: »
    QPR? Reading?

I honestly think we've been worse.

I can't remember a game we won where we dominated and deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

M5 wrote: »
    TBH i think we'll find out how good liverpool are next week. Having watched several abject performances recently i figured this would be a rout even without Suarez. I really wouldnt read too much into it from a Liverpool perspective. We could and possibly should have shipped 4 last week and Sunderland wiped the floor with us the week before. On actual form (not points gained) we have to be the worst team in the league right now.

It's performances like that that make me think there's a lot of potential in there, they lack a leadership at times I think which is more of a mentality thing that can only be gained at times. Only Gerrard and Suarez who can take games by the scruff of the neck. If Coutinho plays like that consistently and Henderson builds on his performances this season the number of difference makers is slowly rising and can only be good for them.

Liam O wrote: »
    It's performances like that that make me think there's a lot of potential in there, they lack a leadership at times I think which is more of a mentality thing that can only be gained at times. Only Gerrard and Suarez who can take games by the scruff of the neck. If Coutinho plays like that consistently and Henderson builds on his performances this season the number of difference makers is slowly rising and can only be good for them.

TBH we have made players of far less caliber than him look like world beaters in the last few games

Wow,I'm amazed that MOTD or Sky haven't signed you up for your football knowledge.
    It is Henderson we're on about here isn't it?

I forgot,he's suddenly gone from "one of the worst players we ever signed" to the "bestest young midfielder in the country".
    Make up your minds please.

Never rated him at Sunderland and he's still pretty much at that level,never going to kick on from the standard he's at.

• Advertisement

BOOM

rarnes1 wrote: »
    BOOM

BUST CYCLE is on again.

You are like a virus on my computer,not even Malwarebytes can keep you away from me.Every time I log on you are there.Using one of your fave words- "obsessed"

Another witty insightful,post again by you.Someday you'll form a whole paragraph and the internet will explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

M5 wrote: »
    No sign of Pardew for the interview, wonder if he'll complain about unwarranted criticism this week?

BI4Pa8eCMAAxHQT.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Wow,I'm amazed that MOTD or Sky haven't signed you up for your football knowledge.

I forgot,he's suddenly gone from "one of the worst players we ever signed" to the "bestest young midfielder in the country".

Never rated him at Sunderland and he's still pretty much at that level,never going to kick on from the standard he's at.

He's definitely done better this year than last (wouldn't have been hard).
    He does have some good attributes in an excellent attitude, very good stamina/work ethic and still very young and doesn't seem to suffer injuries

I don't think he'll ever be a 'top top' (to use the Sky phrase) player unless he can increase his range of passing and pull off passes that 'unlock defences'.
    However he might well become quite an important squad player.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    He's definitely done better this year than last (wouldn't have been hard).
    He does have some good attributes in an excellent attitude, very good stamina/work ethic and still very young and doesn't seem to suffer injuries

I don't think he'll ever be a 'top top' (to use the Sky phrase) player unless he can increase his range of passing and pull off passes that 'unlock defences'.
    However he might well become quite an important squad player.

My point entirely,decent squad player but never going to be top drawer.If he is to kick on I reckon he'll have to do it at a club who'll consistently challenge at the top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

BUST CYCLE is on again.

You are like a virus on my computer,not even Malwarebytes can keep you away from me.Every time I log on you are there.Using one of your fave words- "obsessed"

Another witty insightful,post again by you.Someday you'll form a whole paragraph and the internet will explode.

You wouldn't have to deal with rarnes if you kept away from Liverpool related threads :pac:

You wouldn't have to deal with rarnes if you kept away from Liverpool related threads :pac:

It's flahtering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Unfortunately his obsession doesn't allow him.

Ye are great craic though.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Only bad thing about Liverpool today is Rodgers suit.
    Only won 6-0 when its should have been 38-0.

SACK HIM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Somebody get the flare police out !

Hah, fans behind don't look too happy.

I'd still prefer Wigan&Villa to stay up so a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What's this bullsh!t about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Disgraceful from Newcastle. Guess that's what happens when you only buy surrender monkeys :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What? Like Utd and Carrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Disgraceful from Newcastle. Guess that's what happens when you only buy surrender monkeys :pac:
    In fairness - Nasri has been mostly pathetic for Man City, although I suspect he will be sold in the Summer.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    What's this bullsh!t about??

Short memory?

Anyhow,it doesn't matter.Liverpool's youths would have beaten Newcastle yesterday.Not a slight on Liverpool but Newcastle were atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Short memory?

Anyhow,it doesn't matter.Liverpool's youths would have beaten Newcastle
    yesterday.Not a slight on Liverpool but Newcastle were atrocious.

Newcastle's attitude was awful alright.
    Tiote at one stage summed it up, he had the ball going towards the half way line, either Couthinho or Henderson came from behind and outmuscled Tiote (he shouldn't be eased off the ball by someone like Couthinho), Liverpool player turns gives a pass and Liverpool score again. When Tiote lost it he didn't even make an effort to retrieve the ball or help out his defence following his mistake.

The number of goals conceded could be a help for other teams also fighting relegation

Advertisement