Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shipping Painting from NZ to Ireland

• 27-04-2013 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I lived in New Zealand for a number of years. Whilst there I bought some artwork. I travelled home last year but was unable to afford to pay for the painting at that time. A friend has been minding it for me ever since.

I've tried to find definitive quotes online for getting it shipped home. I thought it could be worthwhile to get some feedback from you guys aswell.

The painting measures approx. 31 x 19.5 inches and has glass - which I'm reluctant to take off for shipping purposes.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of an affordable shipping company that might be able to help?

Cheers in advance, chur,
    p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Not trying to be smart but probably sounding it but just ring any of the major shipping companies you will find on a quick Google search, ring them and ask for a quote of you cannot get one on their website. With my shipping company they said so long as the painting was wrapped in cardboard they would ship it.
    Pippy1976 wrote: »
    I lived in New Zealand for a number of years. Whilst there I bought some artwork. I travelled home last year but was unable to afford to pay for the painting at that time. A friend has been minding it for me ever since.

I've tried to find definitive quotes online for getting it shipped home. I thought it could be worthwhile to get some feedback from you guys aswell.

The painting measures approx. 31 x 19.5 inches and has glass - which I'm reluctant to take off for shipping purposes.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of an affordable shipping company that might be able to help?

Cheers in advance, chur,
    p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I am doing that but I thought I'd utilise this very valuable online tool and see if anyone here could advise.

How much did you pay for the shipping of your painting? What company did you use?

Advertisement