Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging an expired credit card

Options
  • 27-04-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I had McAfee anti-virus on my laptop on a yearly subscription. The credit card i bought the subscription with expired before the automatic renewal date so I assumed that the auto renewal wouldnt go through as the card had expired but the have still charged the card even though it has expired. I am just wondering are they allowed to do this even though the card has expired?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Chance are the payment will bounce back to them shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes they are. It's called "continuous authority to debit" or "continuous payment authority". The card issuer will accept the payment on the basis that you signed up to a recurring charge.

Unfortunately, the assumuption you made on this one was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosie 70

Hi. I am experiencing a similar problem with MacAfee anti-virus software , where I subscribed to a yearly , but upon receiving my credit card bill today they have charged me 66.19 I did not realise it was a annual subscription where it automatically takes the amount . The renewal date is the 5/5/13 yet they took thee payment on the 8/4/13. I am fuming to say the least . Can anyone give me a contact address for MacAfee so that I can resolve this issue or any suggestions would be welcome . Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

rosie 70 wrote: »
    Hi. I am experiencing a similar problem with MacAfee anti-virus software , where I subscribed to a yearly , but upon receiving my credit card bill today they have charged me 66.19 I did not realise it was a annual subscription where it automatically takes the amount . The renewal date is the 5/5/13 yet they took thee payment on the 8/4/13. I am fuming to say the least . Can anyone give me a contact address for MacAfee so that I can resolve this issue or any suggestions would be welcome . Thanks in advance

Why don't you google them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rosie 70

I have managed to email them , after a marathon search. loads of options available to email them in relation to the actual service but not actually to cancel it ! I am awaiting a reply . but I will not hold my breath....................!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement