Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs The Champions match thread 28/4/2013 4pm Sky.

• 27-04-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

...............................Pre+Match+-+EPL+-+Arsenal+v.+Man+Utd+-+22-01-12%255B%2528000262%252916-24-12%255D.JPG..............................

.................................................Arsenal-v-Manchester-Unit-001.jpg..............................................

To give people a break from all the "will Rooney leave,Welbeck is better than Chicharito,Lewandowski isn't who we need" stuff,I put up the match thread early.
    Besides it's our first game of 2013 as Champions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I doubt Podolski will start. Can see Gervinho getting a run out. Also possibly Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I doubt Podolski will start. Can see Gervinho getting a run out. Also possibly Ox.

That's just an early prediction of lineups but I reckon they aren't far off the mark.

I just want to see a scrap today.

I was looking at the rivalry between the two clubs over the years earlier on, and that passion seems to have been diluted somewhat.

Time to put Man Utd back in their box :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yes, their big, shiny, jewel encrusted, premier league winning box :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

How the teams will line out today:D

NIF69x3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

It will be interesting to see which Utd show up today. Game very important for Arsenal with the champion league places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

zerks wrote: »
    How the teams will line out today:D
    It took me far too long to get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Two of the Premier Leagues most inform teams going at it today.

Its always a pretty exciting game.

Arsenal are getting results of late but I think this is a bridge too far for 'em

3-1 United

but will take 1-0 to Arsenal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really looking forward to this. Am hoping Arsenal can get something today. It's on at the same time as the Dublin/Tyrone game so I'll be glued to both games!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think if Utd win they will have to come from behind. Title already in the bag so I can imagine a lacklustre performance until Arsenal score.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's so refreshing to really not be all that bothered about such a high profile match as a United fan. Obviously I want to win, and I'd adore a good 8-0 pasting. But if we lose, who cares. We're already champions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Congratulations to all the United fans but let us have the three points today :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

team news
    Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 2m
    Podolski up top, Theo right, Arteta starts, Jack on the bench. #COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm trying not to be overly optimistiv so I'm going for 4-0 to Gunners and we'll send the Mancs back up the road in tears and RvP left wondering why he ever questioned Pod when he scores a hatrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Utd could do us a favour and at least take a point I'd be happy......as long as we beat the Swans of course. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Finding it hard to cross my toes in these shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Robin van Persie has scored 17 goals in his last 17 Premier League appearances at the Emirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Can't see beyond a United win tbh. I'm not buying that they won't be trying as they've already won the league, that's not the United mindset under Ferguson. Plus he always gets his tactics spot on against Arsenal.

3-1 United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 1m
    A smiling Robin van Persie arrives at Arsenal & looked to head to the home dressing room before being shown into the away one. #AFC #MUFC

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

rvp starts up top with rooney

Arsenal subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Monreal, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

shrewdness wrote: »
    BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 1m
    A smiling Robin van Persie arrives at Arsenal & looked to head to the home dressing room before being shown into the away one. #AFC #MUFC

Saw the footage, not what happened at all, he just walked over to shake hands with what looked like rosicky, who was standing near the dressing room.

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney van Persie

Subs: Lindegaard Ando Giggs Chicha Clev Kagawa Buttner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Saw the footage, not what happened at all, if just walked over to shake hands with what look like rosicky, who was standing near the dressing room.

Fair enough, just saw that and thought it was funny, thought it was probably a bit much to be true!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Fair enough, just saw that and thought it was funny, thought it was probably a bit much to be true!

He was all smiles, let's hope he goes easy on us today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So Und would have won the league without RvP, can they give him back so? :D

Rozza starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Really hope Valencia has a decent game today.

Gibbs is starting instead on Monreal??

WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I just want to see a scrap today.

I was looking at the rivalry between the two clubs over the years earlier on, and that passion seems to have been diluted somewhat.

Today could well be the day when the aggression returns to this fixture. United aren't under any real pressure so hopefully will be less cagey than in recent years. And Arsenal are going to be pissed off after the guard of honour.

Surely SAF isnt going to start with 2 up front is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney, van Persie
    Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney van Persie
    Jones, Nani, Rooney
    Nani
    Nani

:eek:

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney van Persie

What the fùck is Jones doing in midfield again? And what has Cleverley done to piss Fergie off so much?

Fuuuuurghck!

• Advertisement

:eek:

Delighted to see him start. Let him play all games until end of the season imo
    Pro. F wrote: »
    What the fùck issue Jones doing in midfield again? And what has Cleverley done to piss Fergie off so much?

Fuuuuurghck!

Not sure whats going on but Fergie is a massive fan of Jones and did suggest he would be playing CM in this match earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Nani always plays well against Arsenal so not suprised to see him start. Hopefully United arent fully up for it and we get the 3 points but If recent history is anything to go by we will be lucky to get a point.

United's team is far bigger and more physical than Arsenal's especially at midfield. I can see a lot of bullying tactics today. It could get niggely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jones to man-mark carzorla possibly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jones to man-mark carzorla possibly?

Yep, more than likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

NANI :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What sort of individuals buy these?

BI8M61tCEAAP2Oe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shreeves to Wenger: ''You said earlier in the week that the Arsenal fans should show some class towards Robin van Persie, what exactly did you mean by that?'

What the fúck do you think he meant by it? Shreeves couldn't act more of an imbecile at times.

BI8M61tCEAAP2Oe.jpg

Children and a few lads from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We share players (Silvestre and RVP), why not share scarves too?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have a few of those scarfs. Didn't get them to wave round at the stadium but as a memento to bring home with me, so I remember the date, game, etc I got it at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Delighted to see Nani start.

The pressure put on him by throwing him in against Arsenal is unfair imo. His last 3 starts have been against Chelsea twice and Real Madrid, all of which are scattered across a period of two months.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BI8M61tCEAAP2Oe.jpg

You can understand people buying those type of scarfs for cup finals, international matches perhaps and if it could possibly be the only time X person gets to the game in their lives or some significant day. Other than that, wouldn't be caught dead buying one of them for a regular ol league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

also happy to see Nani start

Not sure whats going on but Fergie is a massive fan of Jones and did suggest he would be playing CM in this match earlier in the week.

I'm a huge fan of Jones as a centre back, but I really don't get being a fan of him as a CM. It's so horribly defensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement