Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs The Champions match thread 28/4/2013 4pm Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Well its a bit rich a United fan saying the irony of an Arsenal fan calling it mans game when you have the likes of Nani and Young at United ;).

i dont complain about the physical nature of the game though so it makes whatever point you are trying to make invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't see why Jones is being played in cm ahead of Cleverley today . Need someone more comfortable on the ball in there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Well its a bit rich a United fan saying the irony of an Arsenal fan calling it mans game when you have the likes of Nani and Young at United ;).

young yes, nani no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sagna has started very poorly today in his attacking role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RVP rolls Koscielny this time instead of letting him come through the back of him like earlier: foul. Weird game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's bizzare behaviour from Arsenal posters. It's an important game for them and they seem more intent on amusing themselves with witless little retorts than actually cheering their team on.

Most bizzare thread in a while and that's saying something for the soccer forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The main worry for arsenal at the moment is that we won't be able to keep up this intensity throughout the game. How we handle the lull with be the deciding factor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ouch poor tackle there from rvp.

RVP booked for a terrible tackle.
    Champions getting riled now, like their fans.

3 cards for United players so far and none for Arsenal? Dowd is having a nightmare.

• Advertisement

20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Pj! wrote: »
    The game obviously means so much more to Arsenal. This could be their 'big day'. United still hungover from Premiership celebrations.

Well yeh it clearly does, we win or get a result today put us in pole position for 3rd of 4th its not even that were playing United for the next few games every game is a final for us.
    i dont complain about the physical nature of the game though so it makes whatever point you are trying to make invalid.

:pac: neither do most Arsenal fans ;), apart from about Stoke who most football fans will agree are dirt.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tackle barely touched him, Mert dived tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Stop the fúcktardery and just post about the game.

If you're going to try wind people up you can take a break from the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Terrible tackle!?defender made the most of it...watch the reaction in slowmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

3 cards for United players so far and none for Arsenal? Dowd is having a nightmare.

Just because the other team gets yellow cards it doesn't mean both has too. It's somewhere in the rules I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No penaltys against utd all season. Where is my tin foil hat.

Edited because I seen the mod instruction after I posted.

Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Yeah because the ref is obligated to hand out an even amount of cards to both sides regardless of actual offenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

WTF.. Every foul is a booking now. Ref has lost it completely.

Is he meant to just alternate or something?

Just because the other team gets yellow cards it doesn't mean both has too. It's somewhere in the rules I think

This, apart from the Kos tackle on rvp from behind i dont think anything else has been worthy of a yellow (from an arsenal viewpoint)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fergie should have used the kids, half the team still looks hungover :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Foul = yellow card it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I don't see why the United fans are getting riled up so easily. It's a nothing game for them so they should be up for a bit of craic!

Also it's a fun game to wqatch from an Arsenal perspective so far. Well up for it and playing some good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Phil Dowd is such a poor referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Stupid yellow.

Stupid from Evans leading with the head into Walcott. If he caught him then Walcott would have gone down like a sack of spuds and then it was a red.

niallo27 wrote: »
    No penaltys against utd all season. Where is my tin foil hat.

Wtf has that got to do with this game?

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Edited because I seen the mod instruction after I posted.

will edit also in that case

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Ramsey really should've played that to Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Could be 2-0, Theo with so much space. Look across ffs.

Em, my point was that I believe that Arsenal have committed similar fouls to those that United have and yet we now find ourselves with 4 cards for United. There's a good example, Evans come through the back of a player, gets a card. Koscielny does it earlier, not a foul. Rafel obstructs a player, gets a card. Arteta, then Ramsey do the same thing, no foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

fcuk me valencia is rubbish, always has his back to goal

That shouldve went right to Theo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fair play to Arsenal they're really pumped up for this game .

Ref has lost the run of this game. Dangerous precedent to set here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yellow for Walcott too? ****ing hell. Dowd is awful ref. He didn't even play advantage.

Em, my point was that I believe that Arsenal have committed similar fouls to those that United have and yet we now find ourselves with 4 cards for United. There's a good example, Evans come through the back of a player, gets a card. Koscielny does it earlier, not a foul. Rafel obstructs a player, gets a card. Arteta, then Ramsey do the same thing, no foul.

Happy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

And there was me thinking this game was ideal for a bet on a red card or two.

Should have put a few quid on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brainless from Walcott there. No need for that.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Yes. Have you got an opinion? Alternatively you can revert to the "Give over" mantra you and your buddy Jack Sparrow seem to like.

You can copy and paste that to the 6 other posters who shared my sentiments on your comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I can see an Arsenal player getting an innocuous red now and egg being squarely on our faces :pac:

Yes. Have you got an opinion? Alternatively you can revert to the "Give over" mantra you and your buddy Jack Sparrow seem to like.

You got me there.

Happy now?
    Should I be?

Dowd has set himself up for at least one red in this game I fear. Awful awful referee.

Arsenal totally dominant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This is pathetic. Thank f**k Wilshere ain't playing, he'd have a field day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Rafael is going to walk, I just know it.

Happy with arsenal's spirit so far, hard to see us keeping this intensity for the whole game hopefully jack gets on and gives us a lift if we start to tire

• Advertisement
Advertisement