Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown 10k "Run for Ollie" Sat 15th June @3.00pm

Options
  • 27-04-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just to let you all know that it taking place again this year on Sat 15th June. Details www.friendsofollie.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerrybbb

Any one thinking of doing it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

i'm thinking about doing this. im in galway and heading home tomorrow, milltown is on route so all going well i will be able to stop and partake. The reg. is in the community center where abouts is that in milltown?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Another great day in Milltown. It was so good to see the support on the route where there were plenty of water stations. It turned out to be a warmer day than expected and the tea etc afterwards was very welcome. Well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

I cant fault the organisation. It had everything you want from a race, measured course, well marshelled, chip timed, showers etc. 30 euros is very steep tho. I know its for a very worthy cause but its a bit mean to make people pay 3 euros for a burger after parting with 30 euros for entry. No sandwiches or even biscuts. Most comunity events like this put on a very impressive spread and it just makes it feel like your getting a bit of value even when the price is high.
    Dont want to go over board about it because as I said its a worthy cause and well organised so I dont begrudge the money but a little value would leave a better impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I know €30 is a bit more than most races but all money goes to the fund. I don't know where you were afterwards but we had loads of chicken, ham and cheese sandwiches and biscuits, tea and coffee in Sheridans after the run. They seemed to be bringing the food out at intervals to make sure everyone got fed! Immediately at the finish line there was water, oranges and bananas and we got lovely medals and tech t shirts so overall it was great value in my opinion. Personally I'd prefer to pay for a burger than to have the entry fee used for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

I know €30 is a bit more than most races but all money goes to the fund. I don't know where you were afterwards but we had loads of chicken, ham and cheese sandwiches and biscuits, tea and coffee in Sheridans after the run. They seemed to be bringing the food out at intervals to make sure everyone got fed! Immediately at the finish line there was water, oranges and bananas and we got lovely medals and tech t shirts so overall it was great value in my opinion. Personally I'd prefer to pay for a burger than to have the entry fee used for that!

Ok I missed those sandwiches, my fault. That makes a difference. Im not griping 30 euros is a lot but it is a very worthy cause as I said. Its a very good event and they seem to consistantly get big numbers which speaks for itself. Il have to shorten my cool down next year to get those sandwiches! The burgers looked good value for the 3 euro too!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jdsk2006

It was a fab event alright, well done to the organisers! The kids on bikes weaving dangerously in and out between runners did make me slightly nervous tho.
    Il be back next year!!

Hi Glad you enjoyed the event.

We are constantly trying to get better at the organisation every year and all you points are very valid. We too are concerned with the kids on the bikes as this is a major safety hazard and we were not aware until they went through the start that there were so many of them as we thought it was just a few small kids going with their parents. I can assure you that it wont happen next year.
    As for the tea and coffee we will try and sign post it better next time.
    With regards to the price, this is the only event we run each year to pay for the care of ollie so we have to try and make the most of it.We are considering having a lower cost for online entry or having some other options available for 2014.
    For our run you do get a Tech-tshirt,medal,Changing/showering facilities, pre and post Massage,4 water stations, Bottle of Water,Banana/Orange on finish, Tea/coffee/biscuits and sandwiches after. AAI certified, chip timed and Prizes
    Did anyone get the Massage therapists after in the Hall?.
    If you have any other recommendations on how we can improve we would be delighted to hear from you

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Ran this and thought it was a great event. I thought 30 euro was good value seeing it went to a good cause.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that our 5th Milltown 10k "Run for Ollie" will take place on Sat 14th June @3.00pm.. more info on www.friendsofollie.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement