Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »

Current Gw36.

Anyone spot a transfer or two. I have a double transfer in my head.

Nice google search!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nice google search!

I was going to open one for lemlin too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

Is that really your team FutureGuy?

And I thought I was getting desperate with 8 players for the DGW. Took a 4 point hit to get in Zabaleta and Lukaku for Russell Martin and Berbatov. Hope this DGW does't turn out like the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was going to open one for lemlin too :D

Going on my past performances against him, I think I'd be writing any Google search article you find under that heading!

Neoulous wrote: »
    Was gonna transfer Yaya in for Fellaini. Seemed a no brainer.
    But Nasri recent form has me thinking twice about it...
    Do you guys reckon he'll play both game ?

I took a chance on Nasri earlier in the season and it was probably the worst transfer I made. He might have done well in the last few games, but I would in no way expect him to continue that form.

dfa8cbc92f8836910174df286ebda048_zpsdc8dce06.jpg

Current Gw36.

The one weak point I see is no Aguero. I'd have him over Tevez any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Current Gw36.

Even at the risk of somebody calling an intervention :eek: I can't help but notice that Mickey Turner is on the bench! What's that all about like? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is it worth taking a 16 point hit to get in 4 extra DGW players? Players are Vertonghen, Azpilicueta, Bale, and Kone.

Is that really your team FutureGuy?

And I thought I was getting desperate with 8 players for the DGW. Took a 4 point hit to get in Zabaleta and Lukaku for Russell Martin and Berbatov. Hope this DGW does't turn out like the last one.

Yep I'm about 30 points behind in a big money league. Go big or go home etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

dfa8cbc92f8836910174df286ebda048_zpsdc8dce06.jpg

Current Gw36.

Id actually bench baines for sagna- Liverpool at home looking to overtake Everton in league will be goals in game- so its baines for attacking points or Sagna who could destroy QPR with attacking/ defending points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is it worth taking a 16 point hit to get in 4 extra DGW players? Players are Vertonghen, Azpilicueta, Bale, and Kone.

DEpends who your getting them in for. Id say Bale is a must, not sure about azpilicueta, will he play both matchs? Will you keep/play the 4 for the remaining games of the season?

buyer95 wrote: »

Depends who you are getting rid of, but I would say no.

You should get Bale. The others I would think very carefully about before taking a hit on.

After Lukaku spectacularly outscored Tevez would it be a knee-jerk reaction to bring him in? I really like Lukaku and we had a great relationship in Fifa 11 when he brought Preston to Champions League and Premier League glory (Jon Parkin was also instrumental) but for some reason I never brought him into my team this year.

I just think WBA should be well and truly off the boil which is my problem now...Lambert and Mirallas will go this week. Thinking about Defoe in too. It's probably not a decision I should make at this hour anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Joe Hart in for de Gea of Vertonghen in for Evra that is the question...

I can see Spurs keeping a CS against Southampton but at the same time they are fairly pants in defense! City's fixtures are probably more favourable but i've got Michu and planning on bringing in Lukaku this week too so ill be hoping they can get past the City defense!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

After Lukaku spectacularly outscored Tevez would it be a knee-jerk reaction to bring him in? I really like Lukaku and we had a great relationship in Fifa 11 when he brought Preston to Champions League and Premier League glory (Jon Parkin was also instrumental) but for some reason I never brought him into my team this year.

I just think WBA should be well and truly off the boil which is my problem now...Lambert and Mirallas will go this week. Thinking about Defoe in too. It's probably not a decision I should make at this hour anyway :pac:

According to TotalFPL massive transfers of Lukaku in.

I think this falls under category of bandwagon after staurday game, as although his name was mentioned with DGW there is no way there would be so many transfers.

I won't be getting him anyway, Southampton lost the plot on Saturday and one of the DGW games is away to City which is not attractive for me.

Plus he is not nailed on to get 180 mins with Long rotation.

I have decided to get Sturridge in instead, I know he is not a DGW player but I actually think Home to Everton derby is an attractive fixture. Also I can just leave him for the rest of the season with H to QPR as last game.

I could be a mad here not choosing a DGW player :eek: but I just prefer to play FF on my own terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

moreau wrote: »

I think this falls under category of bandwagon after staurday game, as although his name was mentioned with DGW there is no way there would be so many transfers.

I won't be getting him anyway, Southampton lost the plot on Saturday and one of the DGW games is away to City which is not attractive for me.

I have decided to get Sturridge in instead, I know he is not a DGW player but I actually think Home to Everton derby is an attractive fixture. Also I can just leave him for the rest of the season with H to QPR as last game.

I could be a mad here not choosing a DGW player :eek: but I just prefer to play FF on my own terms
    I have considered that aswell already have 7 dgw players which could be enough.

moreau wrote: »

I've had Lukaku for 3 weeks in anticipation for the DGW and he has been very good for me so far. Having said that, Sturridge is also a great option.

I bought Lukaku early knowing that, while he should get me decent returns until the DGW, he would probably only get 25 minutes against Man City as Clarke tends to rest him against the top clubs (for some completely bonkers reason). However, he will get 90 mins against Wigan at home and those 25 mins will be against a City team with one mind on the FA cup in terms of team selection.

I fancy both Lukaku and Sturridge to score well next week, but Lukaku has the extra gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I've had Lukaku for 3 weeks in anticipation for the DGW and he has been very good for me so far. Having said that, Sturridge is also a great option.

I bought Lukaku early knowing that, while he should get me decent returns until the DGW, he would probably only get 25 minutes against Man City as Clarke tends to rest him against the top clubs (for some completely bonkers reason). However, he will get 90 mins against Wigan at home and those 25 mins will be against a City team with one mind on the FA cup in terms of team selection.

I fancy both Lukaku and Sturridge to score well next week, but Lukaku has the extra gametime.

Yeah in fairness Lukaku is the logical choice.

I love him as a player but like you said Clarke doesn't use him enough, of course he is on loan and can't mould WBA around him with next year in mind.

I just really want Sturridge in my team now rather than try and get him for GW38. It was either/or. I could also be swayed by being a Liverpool fan and pining after the loss of Suarez (classical FF weakness I know:rolleyes:)

Thats very true City away for wba isnt going to be as hard a fixture as normal due to city having one eye on the cup final.

One thing to note about Lukaku is West Brom have altered their formation to play 3 up front.

It was discussed on MOTD. Clarke said he's short mids at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    One thing to note about Lukaku is West Brom have altered their formation to play 3 up front.

It was discussed on MOTD. Clarke said he's short mids at the minute.

Also didn't Fortune get a red?more or less nails him on for 180 mins i reckon.

dahat wrote: »
    Also didn't Fortune get a red?more or less nails him on for 180 mins i reckon.

Fortune got a straight red for pushing someone in the face so not sure but that's probably a 3 game ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Fortune got a straight red for pushing someone in the face so not sure but that's probably a 3 game ban.
    Violent conduct = 3 games ban ,unless you're Luis Suarez :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hazard or Lampard or Ramires or Silva or Nasri or Yaya?

...to replace Fellaini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

7mFsnKX.png
    De gea Bunn
    Sagna , Martin , Davies , Wilson , Zabaleta
    Mata , Walcott, Bale , Fellaini , Michu
    Rvp ,Tevez , Anichebe

There's my team 1 free transfer, original plan was to do Fellaini to Yaya & Sagna to Dawson for a 4 point hit leaving me with 8 dgw players .
    Not so sure anymore .
    Could do Rvp to Lukaku , Anichebe to Kone & Fellaini to Silva for 8 point hit

Think I'll think over it for a few more days

My front 8 is:

Mata Michu Bale Fellaini Walcott
    RVP Tevez Lambert

I'm giving serious thought to changing Lambert for Lukaku and RVP to Aguero.

Would leave me fielding a front 6 with DGWs plus Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Jax Teller wrote: »
    7mFsnKX.png
    De gea Bunn
    Rvp ,Tevez , Anichebe

There's my team 1 free transfer, original plan was to do Fellaini to Yaya & Sagna to Dawson for a 4 point hit leaving me with 8 dgw players .
    Not so sure anymore .

Yeah holding off on Sagna to Dawson is probably a good move. Arsenal have a handy game (QPR?) while Spurs can't seem to keep a clean sheet to save their lives.

Why you leaning towards Silva, out of interest? I've had him for the last few weeks and it's been frustrating as hell what with the injuries and lack of points when he does actually play. Yaya seems like the better option of the two in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Sagna could very easily outscore Dawson, so it's definitely not worth taking a hit. I took a hit to bring in Dawson last week, but it was for Fabio who was pretty much nailed on to score 0 for the rest of the season.

I think some people are going a bit overboard with the DGW. There are still two more gameweeks left after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Quite often defenders end up being the top scores in DGW,has happened alot this season.JT was top scorer the last DGW i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Jax Teller wrote: »
    7mFsnKX.png
    De gea Bunn
    Rvp ,Tevez , Anichebe

Not so sure anymore .

i wouldn't do the 8 point hit mate, on top of the 8 point hit it also means you're going to have to leave walcott v qpr on the bench or else drop a dgw player. maybe just take a 4 point hit and do 2 of the 3 transfers, then leave fellaini or anichebe on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

My front 8 is:

RVP Tevez Lambert

Would leave me fielding a full front 7 with DGWs.

as i said to Jax, you're then left with walcott on the bench against an atrocious qpr side in a match where he could potentially play upfront? even if he's on the right i'd still be wary of leaving him on the becnh.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just seen Fellaini in there too, i got through off when you said you'd have 7 DGW's in your front 7, you'd actually only have 6.

Sagna was absolute rubbish yesterday and with Jenkinson back on the bench there is every chance that Sagna could be "rested". Doesn't mean Sagna will be dropped but just a word of warning as I was considering him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Both Sagna and Dawson were disappointing at the weekend, it wouldn't surprise me to see either left out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

My front 8 is:

RVP Tevez Lambert

Would leave me fielding a front 6 with DGWs plus Walcott.

Fellaini is gone off form, would change him for Yaya or Lennon.
    Will Aguero get both games, or is Dzeko due a game again?

I may just make the one transfer this week and it's crazy lateral yo!

Tevez to Aguero. Was also going to do Baines to Ivan but I'll leave it. Baines could get something vs Liverpool and did well in the last derby. There will be lots of FKs and maybe a penalty.

I watched the game and Aguero was always the focal point of each attack.

That would give me 10 for he DGW

ROBLES
    NASTASIC Baines VERTONGHEN
    BALE MATA MICHU YAYA MALONEY
    LUKAKU AGUERO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm thinking the same (Tevez to Aguero) but have a slight worry that Kun will be saved slightly to make certain he plays in the cup final, it would mean 9 dgw instead of 10 but the 2 I'll have playing one match have decent fixtures.

I'm considering RVP and Fellaini out, Aguero and Hazard in.

Would leave me with 8 DGWers, and a front 8 of:

Michu Mata Hazard Walcott Bale

Tevez Aguero (Ruiz).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If I go Fellaini to Yaya,it'd mean dropping Walcott who's playing against the shower of surrender monkeys that's QPR.

But having Yaya in my team would give me a midfield full of dgw players.

Perhaps I'll just go for swapping Sagna for somebody instead as I have 2.4 in the kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

do not get rid of Walcott.

i might even bring him in over Mata or Hazard, though i don't like having no Chelsea coverage.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    as i said to Jax, you're then left with walcott on the bench against an atrocious qpr side in a match where he could potentially play upfront? even if he's on the right i'd still be wary of leaving him on the becnh.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just seen Fellaini in there too, i got through off when you said you'd have 7 DGW's in your front 7, you'd actually only have 6.

Yep, realised that myself after and edited it.

I don't see much value in the DGW defences except City and Chelsea and both of those back 4s could be rotated IMO. Therefore stick to the attackers I'm thinking.

I'm considering RVP and Fellaini out, Aguero and Hazard in.

Would leave me with 8 DGWers, and a front 8 of:

Michu Mata Hazard Walcott Bale

Tevez Aguero (Ruiz).
    Looking at the front 7 myself just need to pull the trigger on rvp to Aguero its as good as it gets (potential wise) for this GW.

Yep, realised that myself after and edited it.

I don't see much value in the DGW defences except City and Chelsea and both of those back 4s could be rotated IMO. Therefore stick to the attackers I'm thinking.
    Attack, Attack, Attack its the strategy Im going with aswell. Nothing worse than watching games hoping for clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

What should I do for dgw?

a) Lambert to Aguero and bench Cazorla

or

b) de Gea to Hart and play Cazorla

My current team is:

De gea (Rudd)

Martin R- Sagna- Zabaleta (Demel, Mariappa)

Maloney- Bale- Cazorla- Michu- Mata

Lukaku- Rvp (Lambert)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Any news on Harts injury had planned on bringing him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

I want to bring in a City mid this week.

Who is the best option out of Nasri - Toure - Silva?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

amber69 wrote: »
    Any news on Harts injury had planned on bringing him in

Nothing serious:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/204570.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

SlickRic wrote: »
    do not get rid of Walcott.

i might even bring him in over Mata or Hazard, though i don't like having no Chelsea coverage.

I am considering dropping Walcott for Mata this week for a 4 point hit... Its the most unsure about a decision I've been all year.

But I really want Mata in the squad for the rest of the year.

Roonbox wrote: »
    I am considering dropping Walcott for Mata this week for a 4 point hit... Its the most unsure about a decision I've been all year.

But I really want Mata in the squad for the rest of the year.

I wouldn't do it. The likelihood is that Walcott will do something against QPR. So he should get, say 6 points. That means you need Mata to get 10, just to break even. Which is not a given, considering he plays United away, and Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

I wouldn't do it. The likelihood is that Walcott will do something against QPR. So he should get, say 6 points. That means you need Mata to get 10, just to break even. Which is not a given, considering he plays United away, and Spurs.

I know, it seems like madness, but I feel really exposed with no Chelsea cover this DGW

Roonbox wrote: »
    I know, it seems like madness, but I feel really exposed with no Chelsea cover this DGW

I understand that, but can you get him in for someone other than Walcott?

Theo has great fixtures for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement