Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 36 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You know me, if there's one thing Roryc loves it's points hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

roryc wrote: »
    You know me, if there's one thing Roryc loves it's points hits.

Haha yes i know how fond you are of taking hits! In saying that i've only taken 3 all season and never more then a point hit at that, im just thinking this DGW could be my last chance to really finish this season off in my cash league but maybe i'm reading too much in to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Slattsy wrote: »
    Zabaleta or Hart.
    Anyone else think Ivanovich is a good option as he can score the odd goal but has tougher fixtures.

currently have Ivanovich in my team and he is in and out of the squad ...so its a serious gamble to use a free transfer or take a points hit compared to other players available.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Haha yes i know how fond you are of taking hits! In saying that i've only taken 3 all season and never more then a point hit at that, im just thinking this DGW could be my last chance to really finish this season off in my cash league but maybe i'm reading too much in to it!

I've taken 24 hits. You'll be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

nasri or yaya??

long or kone??

will moore play, does anyone think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

carrig2 wrote: »
    nasri or yaya??

long or kone??

will moore play, does anyone think?

I'm thinking of going with Kone myself instead of Lulaku, he has better fixtures and will have to play despite the cup final. There is no certainty that Lukaku will start even with Fortune out(though I fully believe he will) particularly when he is unlikely to be at WBA next year, saying that I'll prob take my chances considering his form, no reason Kone couldn't pick up 15 points against Swansea and West Brom, he also has Villa at home in the last game of the season.

I'd go with Nasri ahead of YaYa and really wouldn't bother with Moore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

many going with Tevez and Aguero ?

I'm thinking of going with Kone myself instead of Lulaku, he has better fixtures and will have to play despite the cup final. There is no certainty that Lukaku will start even with Fortune out(though I fully believe he will) particularly when he is unlikely to be at WBA next year, saying that I'll prob take my chances considering his form, no reason Kone couldn't pick up 15 points against Swansea and West Brom, he also has Villa at home in the last game of the season.

I have Moore (flight of madness, don't ask) dunno whether to bench him or Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Who do people think - Walcott or Maloney? Ba or Kone? Any other obvious transfer or should I bank it for next week:

Hart (x2)

Martin
    Zab (x2)
    Vertongin (x2)

Bale (x2)
    Michu (x2)
    Lennon (x2)
    Mata (x2)
    Walcott or Maloney (x2)

Ba (x2) or Kone (x2)
    Tevez (x2)

Bench: Bego, Cuellar, Harte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Who do people think - Walcott or Maloney? Ba or Kone? Any other obvious transfer or should I bank it for next week:

Hart (x2)

Martin
    Zab (x2)
    Vertongin (x2)

Bale (x2)
    Michu (x2)
    Lennon (x2)
    Mata (x2)
    Walcott or Maloney (x2)

Ba (x2) or Kone (x2)
    Tevez (x2)

Kone all the way.

Far more likely to get more minutes and far better fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Not sure if this has been up here already but here it is anyway
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/young-city-guns-can-take-3311292#.UYDqniWWdyM.twitter
    Robert Mancini aims to give some of his thrusting youngsters their first-team chance this season, but not until second place is secure.

The Blues boss surprised some fans on Saturday by naming his strongest 18 for the win over West Ham, days after the Premier League title race had been decided.

But prospects like Marcos Lopes, Denis Suarez and Abdul Razak are in Mancini’s thoughts, especially for the last two league games of the season – Reading away and Norwich at home, which fall after the FA Cup final.

Mancini wants to keep the intensity high going into the cup final and to bag the seven points needed to fend off Chelsea’s challenge for second. As well as the status of finishing runners-up, the prize money is £700,000 more.

He is likely to field another strong side at Swansea on Saturday, and look to rotate some of his players for Tuesday’s home clash with West Brom.

With Jack Rodwell and Micah Richards both playing 90 minutes for the elite development squad on Monday night, and players like Scott Sinclair and Maicon short of games, the manager could still put out a winning team without risking some of his front-line stars.

Hopefully, by the time those last two games come around, the FA Cup and second place will be in the bag, and some of City’s young hopefuls will be given an opportunity to shine.

Mancini has shown his willingness to blood young players in the past, but this season only FA Cup goalscorer Lopes and Jeremy Helan, who came on in extra time of the Capital One Cup defeat by Aston Villa, are the only youngsters to have been handed debuts.

Assistant manager David Platt says they have one eye on doling out some more experience.

“Maybe once we have made sure nobody can come past us, we can look at some kind of strategy for next season,” he said.

“Football is no different to horse racing, you want to show them a racecourse because you can stand them in good stead the following year. We will have a look at that later.

“At this moment in time, our focus and intensity is to make sure we amass full points, secure second position and win an FA Cup final. Once we have done that we will look at other things.”

Mancini’s mantra is that a top club goes into every game with the intention of winning it, whether it is a ‘meaningless’ end-of-season game or a Champions League final.

And that is why there was no surprise within the City camp that he wheeled out the big guns for the West Ham game, and is set to do the same at Swansea.

Platt said: “I have been saying for weeks that this football club is obligated to win football matches.

“If we can secure second place within the next two or three games that won’t put any kind of slant on our last two games, at Reading and at home against Norwich.

“We are obligated to win football matches, and we want to win football matches. That is what the players want to do.

“They have had an intensity and a focus about them regardless of what has happened. They don’t like getting beaten, which they did at Tottenham, even though we controlled the game for large periods.

“We have no doubts. We don’t need the stimulus and motivation of going for trophies to go out there and perform.”

With Joe Hart expected to shrug off the back spasm which he suffered in the later stages of the win over West Ham, City will have a completely clean bill of health for the trip to Swansea.

James Milner recovered from the tight hamstring which forced him off at Spurs the week before, and was fit enough to be on the bench last Saturday.

Milner’s tweak was City’s 16th hamstring problem this season, leading some to question whether there is a problem in their training.

The problems, ranging from a serious tear suffered by long-term sufferer Jack Rodwell to tightness which forced precautionary substitutions for Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero and Milner, have hit eight player.

But Platt says the number of hamstring injuries is just a statistical aberration, and that preparation is the same as it was last season, when the Blues had four such injuries.

He said: “If there is something repetitive, we will constantly look at things. We keep a full audit on injuries.

“If something starts to come out of the norm, we would look at what we were doing but we are not doing anything different to last year.”

RIALTO1 wrote: »

Hart (x2)

Martin
    Zab (x2)
    Vertongin (x2)

Bale (x2)
    Michu (x2)
    Lennon (x2)
    Mata (x2)
    Walcott or Maloney (x2)

Ba (x2) or Kone (x2)
    Tevez (x2)

Wigan fighting for survival so personally I would go Kone ahead of Ba (Man Utd and Spurs).
    Not as convinced Maloney would make a better option than Walcott as Arsenal have favourable fixtures till the end of the year and they are also chasing a Champion's League spot.
    Are you taking a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

carrig2 wrote: »
    Wigan fighting for survival so personally I would go Kone ahead of Ba (Man Utd and Spurs).
    Not as convinced Maloney would make a better option than Walcott as Arsenal have favourable fixtures till the end of the year and they are also chasing a Champion's League spot.
    Are you taking a hit?

Yeah I was thinking Walcott alright, especially with Giroud out. No hit this week, actually took multiple hits last week as I decided to have a crack at a monthly prize and had over 100pt lead in my main money league.

Given the Man City comments Jax posted, I think I will sit on my transfer this week and look to get away from City after the DGW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

Still undecided guys

Mata or Walcott??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what does your gut say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

leewarden wrote: »
    Still undecided guys

Mata or Walcott??

Mata

I've a tough one too... Walcott or Benteke?

SlickRic wrote: »
    what does your gut say?

My gut says walcott but I have been wrong so often I don't trust it any more

Mata

Walcott but hey, I had Sessegnon captain last week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was planning aguero but have had this feeling Kone is a better option the article Jax posted on the next page will probably steer me towards Kone now. If you look at all the DGW strikers aguero, tevez, lukaku, moore, defoe, adebayor, ba, torres, kone. Kone has the edge when you consider all the variables
    1 Will he start both Games - Of the above hes the only one you could be almost certain about.
    2 Fixtures WBA and Swansea- City & Wigan have the exact same fixtures and they are the best fixtures of all 6 DGW teams but theres more at stake for wigan .
    3 Form - He has 10 league goals but none in his last 4 so is going to slip under the radar somewhat. Hes definetly not the form striker but has proved he has goals in him.
    4 Motivation- Chelsea, spurs, Wigan are the only 3 of the 6 DGW teams with something to play for. Wigan have to get a minimum of 3/4 pts from the 2 games and face the ideal 2 teams WBA & Swansea who both have nothing at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Many people going Michu-less for the DGW?

I have the money to bring him back in, I'm just not sure he's worth it given their fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jax Teller wrote: »

That is unusual, isn't the FA Cup final always the week after the last round of PL games? The article says that the last two games of the season fall after the cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Last time

Lambert to

a) Aguero
    - 4p hit
    - Have to bench Cazorla against qpr
    b) Tevez
    - 4p hit

Or

de Gea to Hart
    - 4 hit
    - Can field Cazorla

That is unusual, isn't the FA Cup final always the week after the last round of PL games? The article says that the last two games of the season fall after the cup final.

moved to the 2nd last weekend of the season a couple of seasons back. Meaning citys league game scheduled for that weekend now takes place 3 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Last time

Lambert to

a) Aguero
    - 4p hit
    b) Tevez
    - 4p hit

Or

de Gea to Hart
    - 4 hit
    - Can field Cazorla

Hart. Without a doubt. Only City player guaranteed to get 2 starts. And decent chance of 2 clean sheets. I'd fancy Santi to get something against a downbeat QPR

That article I posted earlier has made me think I must get in Lukaku . If city play a weakened team he could do damage .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mata

Iv 2 to pick from walcott,benteke and rvp. Walcott is a definite starter for me. Torn between rvp and benteke for the second spot, but leaning towards the latter (better fixture & more to play for)

My transfer is probably going to be de gea out for foster, which will leave me with over 4m in the bank. Dont have a sub goalie and am afraid lindegaard might get a game soon. Hart is an option but dont fancy him for some reason,pantimillon could get a game or two before the season is out.

I had toyed with rvp --> aguero and oshea/turner/wilson--> vertonghen but think il leave it. Very difficult transfer decisions this week. My defense probably could do with a tinkering though (yet again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That article I posted earlier has made me think I must get in Lukaku . If city play a weakened team he could do damage .
    My understanding of that article is that they won't be fielding a weakened team against West Brom?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Defoe's name has been very quiet thus far, I'm very tempted to bring him in. Going for Lukaku and Kone and need to sell RVP to fund the moves. Defoe will either be great or a disaster but nothing much to lose my private league is wrapped up by 120 points.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    My understanding of that article is that they won't be fielding a weakened team against West Brom?

"He is likely to field another strong side at Swansea on Saturday, and look to rotate some of his players for Tuesday’s home clash with West Brom." Only speculation of course but worth considering

Once second place is tied up they say they may rotate . That could happen if they win on Saturday and Chelsea fail to win against United on Sunday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well yeah, it's mainly speculation by the journalist.

And I thought they couldn't wrap up second place until the midweek games at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Bunn (De Gea)

Enrique Dawson Sagna (Wilson Harte)
    Bale Michu Walcott Nasri Mata
    Lukaku Tevez (Lambert)

Worth taking a hit for anyone? ie: DDG to Hart or Enrique/Sagna to Kompany or Luiz/Ivanovic

If not changing DDG is Bunn a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

HI Guys,

Gonna take a 4 point hit this week but which team do you think is better:

TEAM A:

Hart
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Mata Walcott Michu Bale Maloney
    Van Persie Lukaku

TEAM B:
    De Gea / Jassk
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Mata Walcott Michu Bale Hazard
    Kone Lukaku

The guys in Bold are the players im thinking of getting in. Any other suggestions are welcome

Want2know wrote: »
    HI Guys,

TEAM A:

Hart
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Van Persie Lukaku

TEAM B:
    De Gea / Jassk
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Kone Lukaku

The guys in Bold are the players im thinking of getting in. Any other suggestions are welcome
    B looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I have still think the mass transfers of Lukaku after last week is a knee jerk reaction.

Let us say he got 2 points last week. What would his transfers in be? I would say the same as Kone?

Lukaku is certainly a great shout but I would have on the same level as Kone/Sturridge. The # transfers does not reflect this

This could end up being a fail on my part but the world and his wife seems to be getting Lukaku in, and I am not one of them!

*Please don't quote this post to embarrass me after GW36:eek::pac:

Want2know wrote: »
    HI Guys,

TEAM A:

Hart
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Van Persie Lukaku

TEAM B:
    De Gea / Jassk
    Davies Clichy Mert
    Kone Lukaku

I have Hazard myself and he is playing well but I don't think it's worth a 4 point hit to bring him in. He has 2 very tough fixtures and is liable to be rested for one of them.

Hart will surely get at least one clean sheet out of his next 2 games, and City's final 2 fixtures are very favourable, so he is worth 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Figueroa for Wigan ruled out for the rest of the season.

moreau wrote: »
    I have still think the mass transfers of Lukaku after last week is a knee jerk reaction.

Let us say he got 2 points last week. What would his transfers in be? I would say the same as Kone?

Lukaku is certainly a great shout but I would have on the same level as Kone/Sturridge. The # transfers does not reflect this

This could end up being a fail on my part but the world and his wife seems to be getting Lukaku in, and I am not one of them!

*Please don't quote this post after to embarrass me after GW36:eek::pac:
    I agree 100 % with you Im going with kone he has better fixtures. The lads that got lukaku in a few weeks back are the real winners its like the previous DGW lots of people brought in berba but had already missed the boat. Potentially lukaku could rack up a big score but Im going with what I feel are the better fixtures. I didnt see the wba game last week but I did read that lukaku played on the left hand side of a front 3.

Ormus wrote: »
    I have Hazard myself and he is playing well but I don't think it's worth a 4 point hit to bring him in. He has 2 very tough fixtures and is liable to be rested for one of them.

Hart will surely get at least one clean sheet out of his next 2 games, and City's final 2 fixtures are very favourable, so he is worth 4 points.
    Id be surprised if hazard was rested its more likely to happen tonight and then villa away GW37, and with lampard unlikely to start both games he will be on pens for one of the games.

I agree 100 % with you Im going with kone he has better fixtures. The lads that got lukaku in a few weeks back are the real winners its like the previous DGW lots of people brought in berba but had already missed the boat. Potentially lukaku could rack up a big score but Im going with what I feel are the better fixtures. I didnt see the wba game last week but I did read that lukaku played on the left hand side of a front 3.

Yeah excellent transfer from those who brought him in a few weeks ago

Great to see someone else who doesn't have Lukaku.

I don't feel so lonely now:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Screenshot_2013-05-02-11-03-12_zps9b8e18d7.png

Finally settled on this. Was toying with selling Michu for a second City or Chelsea mid but was afraid it would come back to bite me in the ass. I'll probably regret going with Defoe over Lukaku or Kone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

are people not thinking at all about the last 2 weeks?

+1

I don't understand how people are going with 11 DGW players?

Arsenal have wigan H next week

Liverpool have QPR last game

Everton have West ham home next week

I prefer to have a nice balance with last two gameweeks in mind

+1

I have 2 Arsenal players on my bench and will use my free transfer to bring in someone else with a nice fixture.

I've already checked out my next week's fixtures and I'm golden. Chelsea, Spurs and City are playing Villa, Stoke and Reading so there is nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I may have jumped aboard the Lukaku train as it's chugging towards it's final destination, or as I like to call it "The Love Train" :D

I've got 8 DGW's including Maloney and Kone who face Arsenal away, but I'm going to the game so I figured I might as well support my troops in person :pac: I also sold RVP to fund his madness boarding the dwindling Tevez train at the same time :cool:

Also I'm in no mans land, won my private league as long as I simply keep Bale but can't really gain much ground so just trying to rack up scores. I've taken about 10 hits in the last 4 weeks (previously taken maybe 4/5 in the season) with a plus score of around 35.

Ormus wrote: »
    I have 2 Arsenal players on my bench and will use my free transfer to bring in someone else with a nice fixture.

I've already checked out my next week's fixtures and I'm golden. Chelsea, Spurs and City are playing Villa, Stoke and Reading so there is nothing to worry about.

I would not be comfortable with Arsenal players on bench. Away to relegated QPR is a great fixture IMO.

Fair enough though you have a plan for rest of season, a lot of people are just looking at GW36 it would seem

• Advertisement

+1

GW37 transfers: RVP and Walcott in
    GW38 transfers: Sturridge

Have Baines and Mirallas for Gw37. Have DDG and Sagna for GW37.

I'm hoping that will suffice.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GW37 transfers: RVP and Walcott in
    GW38 transfers: Sturridge

Have Baines and Mirallas for Gw37. Have DDG and Sagna for GW37.

I'm hoping that will suffice.

That actually looks great!

I think I can take back my above comment re excess DGW players:rolleyes:

That actually looks great!

I think I can take back my above comment re excess DGW players:rolleyes:

Your point is very valid, it's just I was lucky to have a wildcard so I was able to bring everyone with the frest of the games in mind.

Suck long term planning is always risky, but the only player I have lost to injury is Turner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

De Gea/Bunn

Turner Dawson Zabaleta Riether Clyne

Walcott Mata Bale Maloney Michu

Tevez Rvp Lambert

Anybody see any obvious upgrade on this I have 1 FT and 1.1m in the bank.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing in Hart for De gea or Lukaku for lambert, I have a suspicion Rvp won't start this weekend so I could drop him. Problem with this is next week I will most likely bring in Sturridge so it could be a waste of a much needed transfer if Lukaku does nothing; other option is bring in a cheap DGW defender in place of either Riether or Turner who are both most likely injured

I'm 5 points behind in my money league and could really do with the money at the moment

Bigtoe107 wrote: »
    De Gea/Bunn

Turner Dawson Zabaleta Riether Clyne

Walcott Mata Bale Maloney Michu

Tevez Rvp Lambert

Anybody see any obvious upgrade on this I have 1 FT and 1.1m in the bank.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing in Hart for De gea or Lukaku for lambert, I have a suspicion Rvp won't start this weekend so I could drop him. Problem with this is next week I will most likely bring in Sturridge so it could be a waste of a much needed transfer if Lukaku does nothing; other option is bring in a cheap DGW defender in place of either Riether or Turner who are both most likely injured

I'm 5 points behind in my money league and could really do with the money at the moment

Lambert for Lukaku would be my transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement