Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zipps - Tyre Pressure

Options
  • 27-04-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice on tyre pressure. I'd have always been a 120psi man with my road tyres, the max written on the tyre. Recently bought Zipps and they say 115-145psi and 115-200(!!) psi. Has anyone here ever raced with 200psi in their tyres, am I asking for trouble?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

No benefit to going to 200, especially on our roads. Madness. I ride 110 on my clinchers and usually 120 on tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Green&Red wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some advice on tyre pressure. I'd have always been a 120psi man with my road tyres, the max written on the tyre. Recently bought Zipps and they say 115-145psi and 115-200(!!) psi. Has anyone here ever raced with 200psi in their tyres, am I asking for trouble?
    Thanks

did Joey Hannon on the course at 220psi.

very uncomfortable plus I know know better that higher is not faster.

psi depends on your weight really

Advertisement