Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extenuating Circumstances

Options
  • 27-04-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

In the previous semester i applied for the extenuating circumstances to which i was granted, this semester things have not imporved however i am no longer attending a counsellor, i went to see my student advisor who stated it is highly likely i will not be granted it this semester as i do not having any supporting documentation, i am finding it virtually impossible to study, as i am not sleeping and i am starting to feel increasingly anxious about person circumstances i have to deal with at the moment, is there any other way of postponing the upcoming exams? if i went to a doctor and got a note? any advice or feedback greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Worth a try going to your GP and explaining that the circumstances is persisting . Maybe a call to your counsellor again might be in order to. It might help you to keep talking .

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭07_12_90

basically my student advisor said its too late to start seeing a counsellor now if i wanted it to be taken into account if i was to apply for extenuating circumstances. I stopped seeing my counsellor because i couldnt afford it, 50euro a visit. I am finding it virtually impossible to study and after being told by my student advisor that i would need a miracle for extenuating circumstances to be granted without supporting documentation from counsellor etc i feel very trapped and have no idea what to do, although i am currently not registered to a doctor, if i was to visit one and explain i am feeling very anxious and not sleeping with issues i am facing, if i got a letter would that be enough? my student advisor didnt think so at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

take a year off OP and sort yourself out! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭07_12_90

I'm hoping to do that but I'm registered for this semester with exams coming up however my head is not in the place to do exams, without extenuating circumstances I face extra financial pressure as it is highly likely il fail them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'm going to send you a message

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

OP I got an appointment with a college counsellor during study week last year, and she told me to apply for extenuating circumstances even at that stage, because I had seen a college counsellor. Thankfully I didn't need the EC but she was very understanding anyway.

Also, the college counselling service is free and very helpful. And if you start seeing one now, you'll probably be able to skip the waiting list in September if you still need to see someone.

Advertisement