Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigsaw puzzles

Options
  • 27-04-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Blanch I can buy some Jigsaw puzzles (preferably 500 piece)?

My mum had a stroke recently and the physiotherapist suggested my mum do some Jigsaw puzzles to help improve coordination/fine motor control. Her vision isn't great though, so 500 piece puzzles are probably the limit of what she can work work.

I'm also looking for one of those Jigsaw puzzle mats or boards.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just guessing here but try Easons. Argos have some but mostly 1000 piece ones. Not Dublin 15 but the Art and Hobby shop are sure to have a good range too, there's one in Jervis and one in Omni Shopping Centre.

As an aside, sorry to hear about your mum, my father in law had a stroke in October last year and it's been a very tough time. I hope she's recovering well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Smyths definitely, they're on the far right wall I think! Try argos for the mat

Edit: Argos in the Westend have 2 of those mats available
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2670878/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGifts%7C14417351/c_2/3%7C15701076%7CAdult+puzzles+and+games%7C14417435/c_3/4%7Ccat_14417435%7CJigsaws%7C14417444.htm

Mostly 1000 piece jigsaw for sale, try pick one with lots going on in it, don't get something that has lots of sky or one colour.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You might get some in Debenhams. I bought one there for someone at Christmas, but it is possible that it's only Christmas stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Inspiring ideas over by Woodies do jigsaws......am sure they would do the mats as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thanks all !! Got the mat from Argos (no idea why I didn't think of it earlier), and got a 750 piece 'Simpsons' jigsaw from Smyths. No 250-500 piece anywhere, but hopefully the pieces a big/colourful enough for my mum to see properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Mr Price in the centre do jigsaws of various sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

I have some jigsaws you can have. Someone gave them to my daughter for her last birthday. Its a box with about 8 jigsaws in it. All are least 100 pieces. Shes 5 btw. Not the most appropriate present. Pm me if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    I have some jigsaws you can have. Someone gave them to my daughter for her last birthday. Its a box with about 8 jigsaws in it. All are least 100 pieces. Shes 5 btw. Not the most appropriate present. Pm me if you want them.

Thanks. After checking with relatives, I actually got inundated with jigsaws..over 20 of them. I think we've got more than enough now, but thank you very much for the kind offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hope your mam is doing better

Advertisement