Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a D in Junior cert science good enough for UK primary teaching courses?

Options
  • 27-04-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

I am applying for a primary teaching place in the UK among various colleges. I currently have one years teaching experience in Dubai, have a 2:1 Arts degree etc.. but .. I have one problem..

I have a D in my junior cert science , this is all the science i did in sec. school so is this enough? i know they look for minimum c in GCSE but i'm not sure what the equivalent score is here>.

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'd ring up some of the colleges that you're thinking of applying for and ask them.

I'm 90% sure that the Irish equivalent of the GCSE is the Leaving Cert. I remember thinking that was completely ridiculous when I was applying two years ago. I got a D in Physics and it was enough to get me through. Ring up to make sure though.

If you can't apply for the English/Welsh courses, then consider Scotland. As far as I can remember they don't look for Science qualifications. As a result, their courses fill up pretty quickly.

Advertisement