Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Replace Deck Lights

Options
  • 27-04-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi So I bought some deck lights and of course they lasted a few hours and i guess are fit for the bin checked the usual suspects they are just cheap i reckon. They are run off a transformer and YES i got them from Ebay silly me
    Now When putting the deck down i ASSUMED they would work for a few years. Do i need to pull all the decking (NEAR IMPOSSIBLE) or how is the easiest way to replace these as any decking lights i have seen are wired on a daisy chain and would be impossible to swap them over. Anyone had the same problem and how did you sort it. Bloody sorry i put them in now! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mossy2

Ronan
    If you fitted a number of lights and they all failed within a few hours I would suspect a common cause such as the power supply to them. I suggest that you have an electrician or competent handyman look at them to confirm whether or not they are all ready for the bin.

If they are - removing them would very much depend on the construction of the fittings. It is very unlikely that you would need to start pulling your deck apart to remove them. Perhaps a few photos would help people to comment on how you should proceed.

Advertisement