Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it legal to send perfume in the post?

Options
  • 27-04-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm selling a bottle of perfume (75ml) on ebay and I'm wondering is it permitted to send in the post. Are there any restrictions that I need to consider - within the EU or maybe the US?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/parcelterms.htm

They say they are unable to accept any liquids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I posted a liquid foundation recently and plenty of nail polishes so I wouldn't worry about AnPost.

When you post the item if they ask whats in it, tell them its jewellery or something and you are posting it for someone else.

Many times I've been told by the post office I can't post cosmetics (powered/compact eye shadow, liner pencils, mascaras etc), yet when I go to the other post office they say its no problem at all, only liquids, some types of batteries etc they can't post.

Advertisement